Manager, Warranty Partnerships and Growth
Wayfair is looking for a driven and entrepreneurial leader to build and execute strategy for our high-growth home services categories. The Warranty Partnerships and Growth manager will oversee all aspects of Wayfair’s new yet fast growing warranty business (where we offer protection plans for Wayfair products that are serviced by 3rd party warranty providers). Projects will range from leading international expansion to defining a promotion strategy for the category (and everything in between). The manager will report to the Head of Growth for Home Services, and be responsible for leading cross-functional teams within Wayfair and third-party service providers to deliver the best customer experience possible while rapidly scaling the business.
Strong candidates should be innately curious, have a bias for action, and an entrepreneurial drive to identify opportunities and pull cross-functional teams together to execute against them. Candidates should be have a track record of meeting ambitious business objectives in a fast-moving environment. Key skills that will make a candidate successful include strong analytical and conceptual problem solving, ability to build relationships and negotiate (at all levels), and being comfortable managing, leading, and prioritizing multiple projects simultaneously.
This is a great opportunity for those interested in pursuing a General Management career track at Wayfair as you will obtain experience from all facets of a business line. This is also a great role for those looking to help shape a nascent but high-growth business in Wayfair!
Key responsibilities for the Manager, Warranty Partnerships and Growth include:
- Maintain P&L for Wayfair’s warranty business
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to identify opportunities to grow business and improve customer experience
- Maintain roadmap of initiatives and be responsible for execution
- Build profitable relationships with existing third-party service partners and execute negotiations to secure best pricing, sales programs, and promotional support
- Collaborate across departments to drive business goals (departments include Product Management, Marketing & Advertising, Site Merchandising, Supplier Operations, Customer Service, Business Intelligence)
- Analyze data to identify and prioritize growth initiatives and develop plans to test hypotheses
- Analyze competitors’ marketing, selection and pricing and make strategic changes
- Maintain industry expertise; keep tabs on trends and new product ideas
- Use technology to enhance business goals / customer experience
You’ll be a great fit if you have:
- 3+ years relevant experience, preferably in management consulting, ecommerce or retail environment
- Track record of leading/managing multiple concurrent projects in a highly cross-functional environment
- Conceptual and analytical problem solving skills, using data to identify hypotheses and support decisions
- Ownership mindset, with a high bar for quality and motivation to take on challenges associated with launching a new business
- Entrepreneurial experience building a business or delivering against daring targets & goals in a fast and rapidly evolving environment
- Experience building relationships (internally and externally) and negotiating to achieve mutually agreeable outcomes
- Curiosity and ability to quickly get up to speed, deliver value, and stay on top of rapidly changing business
- Bias for action, even in areas that may not be directly under responsibility
- Senior presence, able to clearly and consistently work side-by-side with a broad range of senior leaders and functions to achieve objectives
- Proficiency in written/verbal communication and quantitative analytical tools (e.g., Excel, SQL)
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.