Technical Product Manager - Data Science
Wayfair's Pricing & Profitability Data Science team is seeking a sharp, driven product manager to drive key strategic initiatives through data science and technology. At its core, the Pricing & Profitability team leverages data and technology to hit financial goals and optimize our value offering to customers. The Pricing & Profitability team develops algorithms and tools that optimize and manage profit, revenue, and price perception. The team uses a combination of business, big data, and stat skills to understand complex market phenomena to influence pricing, assortment, and product recommendations. A continuous flow of experiments ensures deeper insight and refinement of these tools and algorithms. The product manager works alongside the Pricing & Profitability team to develop road-maps and drive the technology behind these initiatives.
What You'll Do
- Develop strategic technical road-map and balance road-map with short-term bug fixes and quick-hit projects
- Work directly with a large team of data scientists and back-end engineers to create new products and maintain a safe interface with other Wayfair systems
- Run agile sprints for a team of back-end engineers
- Create buy-in for upcoming projects with internal teams and senior management
- Translate high-level business projects into detailed technical deliverables, and project manage to completion
- Act as subject-matter expert on all data science systems and technologies to non-technical stakeholders
- Conduct analysis to track value and impact of initiatives
- Influence future strategies across a diverse range of internal teams
- Anticipate and react rapidly to changes in business needs and project scope
What You'll Need
- 4+ years of experience in a consultative, analytic, quantitative or technical work environment
- Degree in quantitative field (e.g. mathematics, economics, computer science, engineering, physics, neuroscience, operations research etc.
- Ability to lead discussion and guide a group to smart decisions even when you are not the subject matter expert
- Intuitive sense of how quantitative and technical work aligns closely with business priorities and business value
- Experience manipulating large data sets or have SQL/Python
- Strong understanding of statistics
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills alongside a desire to solve some of Wayfair's most challenging problems
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment where there can be degrees of ambiguity
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.