Head of Leadership Development, Learning & Development
Head of Leadership Development
Learning & Development is the ultimate cross-functional team within Talent. Every day we work with key stakeholders across the organization to develop our people, drive impact, and help Wayfair remain a leader in e-commerce. We are the ambassadors of Wayfair’s culture, which prides itself on transparency, collaboration, innovation, and critical thinking. We focus on guiding Wayfair team members to become the best versions of themselves by developing their skills, guiding them on how to increase their impact, and building lifelong relationships.
As Wayfair continues to evolve, the needs and skills of our leaders are evolving too. As the Head of Leadership Development you will be responsible for setting the strategic vision for leadership development. This requires a keen understanding of business needs and challenges, extreme cross-functional collaboration, and creative visioning to set the path forward.
What You'll Do:
- You will set and drive strategy for the newly created leadership development team and be directly responsible for closing the leadership development gap for Senior Managers and above.
- You’ll be solving a variety of questions including: What do newly hired leaders needs to effectively lead and drive value? What is needed to prepare our next crop of directors? What does a director or VP need to lead orgs that have doubled or tripled over the past 12 months?
- You’ll analyze the needs of our senior leadership bench and partner extensively with key leaders across various business units to accelerate leadership potential and grow our leadership bench
- You’ll develop unique and dynamic experiences to accelerate learning curves in addition to developing a method to evaluate the efficacy and impact of the leadership programming you've implemented
- You’ll be a key enabler of thoughtful succession planning and collaborate with other Talent teams including Human Capital Strategy, Talent Management, and Performance Strategy, to develop a succession plan that aligned to, and is supported by, our leadership development strategy.
What You'll Need:
- 7+ years of professional experience in human capital consulting, management consulting, or talent strategy with a Master’s degree in leadership, adult learning, organizational effectiveness, or MBA
- You have demonstrated success in strong program or project management with impeccable interpersonal, and team building skills
- You're an excellent communicator with strong senior presence; you have the ability partner closely with senior executives and execute quickly
- You are flexible and agile in your approach to leveraging data and making rapid decisions
- A plus, but not required: Training design and adult learning (e.g., ADDIE Model, Design Thinking, Kirkpatrick Model, Bloom’s Taxonomy) knowledge
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.