Director of Product Management, Asia Consolidation Systems
Director, Asia Consolidation Systems (33031)
Who We Are:
We’re entrepreneurial, value oriented decision makers who drive the development of the world-class software products that power Wayfair’s transformation of retail for home. We create the web and app experiences that make Wayfair a delightful place to shop, establish new and innovative services for customers, and build the backbone of Wayfair’s pricing, merchandising, supply chain, and enterprise operations. Whether on desktop, mobile web, or app, or any of our proprietary internal platforms, we leverage data, user-centric design, machine learning, and Agile to exceed customer expectations and achieve operational excellence, fueling company growth. Our work requires us to move fast and collaborate with some of the best engineers, creatives, data scientists, operators, and analysts to discover, build, and scale world-class software products.
Wayfair is seeking an experienced Product executive to play a key role in the transformation of Wayfair’s Supply Chain by leading Asia Supply Chain Systems. The Asia Supply Chain team will head the execution of our vertical integration into global sources of supply and develop country-specific logistics footprints for cross-vendor consolidation. Starting in China, the integration will expand to Malaysia, Vietnam and India, all while conserving our destination markets in the US, Canada, UK, and the rest of Europe.
This role is based in Boston with frequent travel throughout Asia and globally and will report to the Director of International Supply Chain.
What You’ll Do:
- Define vision and strategy for Wayfair’s Asian operations while leading a team to translate vision into robust, intuitive, scalable products while serving as internal subject matter expert on all facets of your product space and technology platform
- Lead cross-functional teams in annual, quarterly, and monthly planning and prioritization; develop and maintain technology platform roadmap and regularly update to key partners and stakeholders
- Build systems for Wayfair’s logistics presence in Asia across multiple countries (primarily China, Vietnam, Malaysia, and India)
- Partner closely with destination teams to build inbound logistics system integrations to enable an efficient inbound supply chain
- Leverage data to understand risks, impacts, scope and priorities of our business objectives, and enable the team to drive results
- Communicate performance metrics to key stakeholders throughout the organization
- Drive all execution decisions required to establish necessity of and footprint of warehousing and cross-docking across all applicable countries
- Help to identify, select and drive integrations with any third-party firms required in support of global consolidation capabilities (with focus on export from Asia to the US, Canada, UK, and Germany)
- Lead scale-up from a start-up stage in 2018 to a full-scale delivery function in 18-36 months
- Develop and execute hiring and resourcing plan needed to appropriately create and run an asset-based network, where applicable, from 2019 onwards
- Advise business leaders throughout our Operations teams on strategy, optimization, process definition, and execution
- Recruit and establish a team of product managers and associates that will meaningfully contribute to product management fundamentals and goals of Operations Product at large
What You’ll Need:
- 10+ years of Product Management experience working with supply chain or network optimization systems, preferably in an Agile environment
- 4+ years of experience successfully managing and developing highly effective teams
- Demonstrated experience in a “startup” situation building a new company, business unit, geography, and/or track record of taking ownership of areas by defining and pursuing measurable business goals and outcomes
- A bias for action and a “get it done” attitude
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights
- Passionate about building functional and engaging user experiences that solve real user problems
- Ability to think strategically and tactically within a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- Strongly collaborative and effective in a cross-functional environment; can lead through ambiguity, adversity and conflict
- Demonstrated competency leading strategic decision making in multi-functional spaces
- An undergraduate degree in a scientific, mathematical, or technical concentration; MBA or other similarly advanced degree preferred
- Subject matter familiarity of supply chain analytics and network optimization, machine learning, statistical optimization, and AI strongly preferred
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.