Android Platform Engineer
Wayfair's Mobile App Platforms Team is looking for a DevOps engineer to join our multidisciplinary group in building a mobile app ecosystem that will support a growing array of new app initiatives within Wayfair, driving a variety of new experiences for home furnishing and interior design. In joining the Mobile App Platforms Team, you will be a partner driving our tooling, release, and infrastructure initiatives. You will also collaborate actively with our Mobile Developers and other enterprise engineering teams to help us release better code faster. Together, we will drive Wayfair's evolution into pushing rich native apps as the next generation of consumer experiences for our global markets. Are you engaged by automating processes for rapidly growing teams? Do you want to continuously craft smarter ways to work together? Do you love building tools that excite and delight your developer colleagues? If so, then we'd love to talk to you.
What You'll Do:
- Develop tools and processes to support weekly app releases for a global Android development team with a diverse and growing app footprint
- Apply your experiences in infrastructure or CI/CD with a team of Java and Kotlin developers to extend our efforts in effective mobile devops
- Lead a key area such as app performance or build times or test automation and collaborate with engineers outside of mobile to solve problems in this area across all of Wayfair Engineering
- Collaborate with our Mobile App Teams and continue to unify our efforts across all of our mobile development platforms
- Lead efforts in evaluating, choosing, and migrating our platform tools with an eye towards scalability and parity with other DevOps teams at Wayfair
- 3+ years experience in developer tooling, infrastructure and/or release engineering
- Hands-on experience with CI tools like Jenkins and/or BuildKite
- Comfort with Git and source control systems like Gitlab and/or GitHub
- Fluency in shell scripting on Linux and macOS
- An interest in taking on infrastructure challenges that are particular to native mobile developers
- A fundamental belief that well architected, fast compiling code is the foundation for a number of other healthy habits
- Hands-on experience with developer tooling, infrastructure and/or release engineering for mobile platforms (CircleCI, Buddybuild, Travis, etc.)
- Hands-on experience with Docker
- Hands-on experience in Kotlin, Java, Swift, or Objective-C
- Experience with optimizing and supporting repository performance and codebase migration between source control systems
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.