Data Solutions Manager
Wayfair Analytics is the engine that powers an enterprise obsessed with data. We move fast, iterating quickly on big business problems. We work smart, applying technology to unlock insights and provide outsized value to our customers. We swing big, knowing our customers won’t benefit from micro optimizations. Leveraging the largest data set for products sold in the Home space, this team treats data as an asset and determines how to maximize its business value and extend our competitive advantage.
The Data Solutions Manager for BI Finance is a go-to technical resource within the BI Finance team for data integrity and availability requirements for financial reporting. They combine a deep knowledge of Wayair’s complex, catered internal processes with technical fluency to identify the right solution for the right business problem. By collaborating with other Analytics team members and internal stakeholders they develop a robust, effective roadmap for their product area. They are hands-on writing code and planning implementations and work closely with BI analysts to provide technical guidance, mentorship, and best practices for unlocking the full business value of rich data.f
What you’ll do
- Act as a subject matter expert for technical guidance, data access, and best practices within the BI - Finance organization
- Partner with fellow analytics managers, engineering leaders and stakeholders to identify the right technical solution to address their highest value business data needs
- Ensure the technical accuracy and optimization of the underlying data that power analytical solutions
- Empower analytics team members to improve speed-to-market by promoting best practices for rapid prototype development
- Develop a technical center of excellence within the financial reporting framework through training, mentorship, and process innovation
- Establish, monitor, and set goals for KPIs regarding data and tool performance
Who you are
- Strategic and innovative thinker able to tailor technical implementations to complex business requirements
- Collaborative and eager to partner with business reporting and engineering to architect the optimal technical implementation for Analytic tools
- Excited about working with terabyte sized data sets to design scalable, robust Analytic solutions
What you have
- Experience designing and implementing data-driven solutions, such as reporting or data integration systems to align business goals
- Advanced SQL experience, including scheduled ETL transformations and experience with at least one enterprise reporting platform such as SSAS, Microstrategy, Cognos, etc.
- Experience as a technical lead or other mentorship role
- Experience with distributed, columnar-store, and / or MPP databases of 100 TBs or larger strongly preferred
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Information Systems, Economics, Management or other quantitative discipline field with strong academic record.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.