Manager, Global Supply Chain Planning & Outbound Forecasting
Who We Are (Supply Chain Planning):
The Supply Chain Planning team collaborates cross-functionally with multiple teams across the company, ranging from Data Science, Operations Research, Product, Engineering, Operations, and Merchandising. We tackle complex, big-picture problems head-on and use data and analytics, processes, and technology to help frame business strategy and drive decision-making. Part of this strategy is to create innovative Sales and Operations planning systems that minimize risk and optimize cost within its Supply Chain Network for both Wayfair and its 5000+ suppliers and enable excellent customer delivery experiences. Improving Sales and Operations planning is a key strategic initiative at the company and is highly visible function. The Supply Chain Planning team within Wayfair uses in-depth analytics and business acumen to make smart and strategic throughput and capacity planning decisions.
What you’ll Do:
The Sales and Operations team at Wayfair is looking for a Manager to join the global throughput and capacity planning function and collaborate with other team members and cross functional teams to achieve the team’s mandate and goals. This will include:
- Envision the end-to-end complex business state by connecting various pieces together by communicating with different teams such as Inventory Planning, Sales, Transportation, Ocean Imports, Engineering teams, etc.
- Provide tactical inputs to warehouse operations for labor, storage, and transportation planning and risk mitigation solutions
- Provide long term capacity planning guidance for network growth and new facility launches
- Collaborate cross-functionally to create and implement initiatives that will allow us to more accurately predict capacity and throughput in our network by improving existing tools or implementing new methodologies through analytics
- Play an integral part in various process improvement by conducting thorough root-cause analysis on capacity and throughput forecast accuracy and recommending the improvement actions needed
- Prepare timely, accurate, management reporting on all relevant S&OP performance metrics (supplier compliance, data compliance, etc.) and lead development of new reporting as needed
- Provide ad-hoc reporting and analysis and communicate the results of the analysis to the leadership in a clear and comprehensive way
- Work with large complex data-sets and generate meaningful insights for operational decision making
- Demonstrate strong motivation and drive to improve and develop the existing processes to the next level
- Be willing and ready to acquire new skills and knowledge to develop both professionally and personal
- Possess strong analytical acumen and quantitative results
- Be a strong team player and work hard towards reaching team goals
- Lead/mentor a strong team of analysts
What You Have:
- BA or BS in a quantitative field, with strong academic record, MS preferred
- 3+ years professional work experience in a strong quantitative and analytical environment.
- Leadership and cross-functional collaboration experience.
- Experience working with senior leadership
- Advanced Excel Skills in a professional environment
- Working knowledge of SQL and other statistical analysis tools
- Experience working with large datasets
- Extremely organized, meticulous and detailed oriented
- Comfort leading in ambiguous situations and setting key priorities.
- Ability to take on minimal travel (<15%)
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.