Driver Safety Manager
Driver Safety Manager
Wayfair is redefining the way customers buy online and one of the key pillars of that strategy is to create a truly differentiated customer experience for large parcel items (e.g., couches, vanities). To enable this differentiated experience, Wayfair is investing heavily to create the first-ever national large parcel supply chain all the way to the consumer’s home. Wayfair Delivers is an exciting, fast-paced, and high-visibility initiative focusing on the final mile of the supply chain. We are looking for team members who can help disrupt the status quo and redefine an industry through the ultimate home delivery.
What You'll Do
- You will create a proactive safety solution for our driver teams to remove at-risk drivers from the road before accidents using data and technology leveraged from our telematics systems
- You will lay out top safety concerns from a day to day standpoint with our driver teams and implement a systematic way of delivering information to our driver teams
- You will partner cross functionally with warehouse safety experts to implement a streamlined solution for monitoring and identifying data around accidents within our final mile routes
- You will identify top opportunities for training driver teams around safety needs and ongoing education around ways to reduce risk
- You will define what best in class looks like from a safety perspective and implement a rigorous agenda to ensure Wayfair Delivers compliance with these goals
- You will work with field teams closely to execute above safety ideals and spend time in driver locations to understand all risks and concerns
What You'll Need
- Experience in business and data analytics, excel
- Background in the logistics industry with a proven understanding of box trucks and drivers
- Proven ability to work cross functionally with internal and external stakeholders
- Comfort with ambiguity and experience developing ideas and initiatives from scratch with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Certification with top safety programs in the logistics industry
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.