Strategic E-Commerce Operations Manager, Merchandising
Wayfair continues to take the online customer experience to the next level, optimizing every part of the online shopping experience to help customers find what they’re looking for and create a home they love. Merchandising Operations is at the center of the online customer experience, responsible for ensuring accurate and complete product content (descriptions, dimensions, imagery, etc.) for Wayfair’s vast online catalog of over 10 million products.
The Merchandising Content Solutions team (within Merchandising Operations) is looking for an experienced manager to lead a team of 5+ to manage a category of products within either our Furniture & Décor, Housewares, or Renovation, Appliances or B2B teams. You will set a roadmap to improve the overall state of content in their categories to ensure the customer is able to find and confidently purchase products from Wayfair. With your team, you will work to find, fix, and prevent prevailing issues within our catalog that create friction for customers or cause returns. This work requires tight collaboration with many departments within Wayfair including Site Merchandising, Category Management and various technology and analytics teams across Wayfair as well as with our diverse set of suppliers.
What You'll Do
- Lead a team managing the merchandising content (information, imagery, and media) within a set of categories
- Use customer, supplier and internal data to find, fix and prevent issues in the catalog to drive customer satisfaction and trust
- Own identifying best ways to obtain missing or confirm the accuracy of existing content which includes, but is not limited to Supplier Outreach initiatives
- Cultivate and manage cross-functional relationships to identify and execute on high priority, high impact projects
- Innovate within a specific work stream (supplier engagement, data transformation, return reduction), taking ambiguous goals and formulating concrete roadmaps to drive measurable change
- Communicate findings and results with senior leaders throughout Wayfair, acting as a member of the broader ‘single thread’ within your vertical and as an advocate for Merchandising initiatives
What You'll Need
- Bachelor’s degree from top school
- 5+ years of experience driving and managing projects, including process improvement initiatives
- Comfort with ambiguity - ability to take a vague concept and drive material results
- Analytical and process-oriented - comfortable working with large data sets and making data-driven decisions
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills, and an ability to work with cross-functional partners
- Passion for technology and a keen interest in e-commerce
- “Player coach” mentality with a demonstrated ability to lead and coach a diverse team to drive continuous improvements
- Experience using data to innovate and inform business decisions
- Experience working with Excel and other analytical packages
- Direct management experience required
- MBA or relevant graduate education a plus
- Management consulting or other professional services a plus
- Experience with SQL or other programming language a plus
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.