Technical Project Manager- Infrastructure Builds
Project Manager-Infrastructure Engineering
At Wayfair, we are looking to grow our Wayfair IT Operations team by bringing on board a talented individual who wants broad exposure to the technologies that support our infrastructure and our large-scale Internet e-commerce platform. We offer an opportunity for talented individuals to get on board with a fast-paced rapidly growing organization. As a Technical Project Manager, you will collaborate with a talented team and dive into challenging technical problems to meet tight deadlines. This job requires a unique combination of flexibility, creativity, innovation, leadership, and effective communication. This is a chance to make a real and visible impact on the success of Wayfair’s most complex initiatives.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with and manage global stakeholders across all levels in order to drive/implement strategic direction
- Leverage your previous project management experience to understand our current environment and challenge our norm to expose unseen opportunities
- Lead complex and critical infrastructure and engineering projects by fostering a team mentality, providing clear business communication, and maintaining focus to ensure the most favorable outcome
- Build and maintain successful partnerships across Wayfair business units to enable predictable delivery of highly visible projects
- Drive effective collaboration and consensus across multiple local/remote resources and key vendors
- Maintain and develop immediate, short term and future project roadmaps
- Manage and drive the execution of all phases of the project lifecycle: including gathering requirements, identifying scope, outlining milestones, driving implementation, risk management, and managing expectations while facilitating on time delivery
What You’ll Need:
- Recent and extensive experience in managing technical infrastructure and/or new office projects
- Demonstrable track record of managing cross-functional projects in order to achieve critical business initiatives
- Excellent communication skills to effectively interact and influence at various levels of the organization
- A good understanding of project methodology and how to apply it to real world situations
- Experience with and working knowledge of Engineering and/or Infrastructure projects, office or warehouse builds
- Excellent interpersonal skills, an interest in working hard, are flexible and enjoy being challenged in a fast-paced environment
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.