Senior Software Engineering Manager
Who we are?
The My Account – Self Service team empowers customers by providing them world class solutions to service their needs once an order is placed. Our mission is to provide all the necessary tools to our customers so that they can resolve their order related needs without having to contact Customer Service. We serve a global customer base and build solutions that are used by hundreds of thousands of customers every day. We are a data driven team that believes in basing our decisions by looking at data and customer feedback. We believe in experimentation through A/B tests or user testing and love to take risks.
Why this team?
The My Account team sits at a perfect intersection of our Storefront Engineering and Operational Engineering organizations. We provide a sleek and seamless customer experience to complex logistical problems (For example – Returns) across all platforms like Desktop, Mobile Web and Native Apps. Some of the cool projects this team has worked on recently –
Live tracking on the day of delivery – On the day of delivery we provide customers with a way to track the real time location of delivery trucks on a map interface. Technologies used – Google Maps API(s), PHP, MSSQL, Redis.
Tracking through a Google Home interface – This provides the ability to customers to talk to their Google Home device and ask questions like – “When is my couch arriving” or “When was my rug delivered?”. Technologies used – Google Voice integration through API.Ai, PHP, SOLR Cloud and MSSQL.
What will you do?
As an Engineering Manager you will
- Lead multiple sprint teams ranging from 2 to 5 Software Engineers.
- Be responsible for owning features developed by your team in each phase of a project – design, implementation, code review, QA and deployment to production.
- Identify and deliver solutions and strategies to push the boundaries of our tech stack to handle scalability and performance goals.
- Drive the creation and execution of quarterly roadmaps for product enhancements and technical improvements, in collaboration with product management to align with Wayfair’s business strategy.
- Actively mentor and coach all direct reports.
- Plan and budget for headcount resourcing to achieve business objectives.
Who you are?
- A charismatic leader who can run a team of up to 15 Engineers.
- Have the tech acumen to get your hands dirty with the code whenever need be.
- Have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Have hands on experience designing, building and maintaining of the full customer facing application stack.
- Understanding of software architecture to help empower software developers to leverage the platform with reliability, and more importantly failures in mind
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.