Head of Product Management, Ad Tech and Customer Intelligence
Head of Product Management, Ad Tech and Customer Intelligence
Ad Tech & Customer Intelligence (ATCI) builds products that let Wayfair communicate with new and existing customers effectively across advertising, email, and onsite touchpoints. Wayfair has a huge selection of products and offerings that make shopping for the home easy and exciting. Our goal is to use data-driven strategies to talk to the customer about the product they want, regardless of where they are or what stage of their shopping journey they are in. We are at the intersection of product, marketing, data science and technology which allows us to be a leader in the Ad Technology space.
Wayfair is looking for a seasoned product leader to drive the development of our industry-leading ad tech and customer intelligence platforms which support all of our brands and geographies daily. This role is responsible for some of Wayfair's most advanced and strategically important platforms, including: Measurement and Attribution systems to support decision making for our >$1B in advertising spend; Recommendations and Personalization platforms that optimize all touchpoints in the customer experience, both on and off-site; Our internal DMP (i.e., CIS- Customer Information System) which makes available all of our customer data for our marketing campaigns and recommendation algorithms; and our core Ad Tech platforms including our Core Ad Tech platforms that support channels such as Search/PLA, Retargeting, and Email/Notifications platforms. These platforms are all completely in-house and in existence already. While each has its own ambitious vision we require a strong leader to drive and further shape this vision and help execute it.
The Head of Ad Tech and Customer Intelligence Product Management will report to our VP of Marketing and Growth, and will lead a growing team (50+ PMs by year end, and indirectly manage 50 Data Scientists and 150 Engineers). You will be responsible for the platforms that support the growth engine of Wayfair. These technical platforms make it fast and easy to design, launch, measure, and iterate on our machine-learning, bidding, targeting, and personalization algorithms. Your work will touch every one of Wayfair's active customer across all of our sites, apps, and marketing channels, ultimately creating an amazing shopping experience where customers can find exactly the right products and services they are looking for.
You will lead a growing team of product managers and associates to define and execute the product strategy and roadmap for recommendations/personalization, ad tech platforms, notification systems, customer information systems, and attribution/measurement. You will own the overarching vision for these platforms, driving product prioritization, requirement creation, and execution of product development with Data Science and Engineering teams. This role is highly strategic, requiring close partnerships with many external partners (e.g. Google, Facebook, Pinterest, Apple AppNexus) and internal stakeholders including data science, engineering, pricing and profitability, promotions, category management, marketing, storefront experience and others. You will determine the right content to personalize (products, sales, offers, services, etc.), work across teams to find new and unique placements to optimize, and use a combination of machine learning and business insights to improve the performance of your algorithms. Your work will both help generate demand for new and strategic product categories and services and drive conversion and profitability gains from our most in-market customers.
This role presents significant technical, analytical, and leadership opportunities with enormous potential for business impact. Successful candidates will be entrepreneurial and creative problem solvers who have demonstrated ability to lead and grow high-performing cross functional teams that bring their vision to reality. They'll also be able to dive deep into the technical details of their platform while simultaneously defining and communicating front-line vision as a key leader within our organization.
What You'll Do
- You will establish the vision, strategy, and roadmap for recommendations strategies across all dimensions (default & personalized, content & product, etc.)
- Partner with key stakeholders across Data Science, Engineering, Site Merchandising, Product, Marketing, Pricing & Profitability, etc. to develop a cohesive strategy to make personalization work for a variety of customer and business problems.
- Build and develop a product team, consisting of 10-15 PMs, while also influencing the hiring plans among engineering, analytics and data science.
- You will deliver business impact by launching and optimizing products that improve our recommendation abilities. You will also guide and develop products towards core CLV-related metrics, along with strategic business objectives.
- As a member of our Product leadership team, you will help us continually improve our overall department across a variety of topics: recruiting, learning & development, team culture, product development processes, external speaking/context generation, all while partnering closely with other Wayfair departments.
What You'll Need
- 10+ years of Product Management experience, with a preference for candidates with a mix of start-up and large-company experience
- 5+ years of experience successfully leading and growing teams that are highly effective in terms of culture and impact
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience in hypothesis-driven learning and turning data into actionable insights
- A deep understanding of business strategy and metrics
- Superior communication skills with a demonstrated ability to navigate a complex organization and generate buy-in for ideas and plans
- Strong technical chops, preferably in large volume, scalable web services
- An entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for action and ability to deal with extreme ambiguity and rapidly changing environments
- Demonstrated experience with real-time data science model evaluation
- Strong cross functional leadership experience
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.