Physical Retail Store Manager
Who We Are:
As an extension of Wayfair’s mission to transform how people shop for their homes, physical retail will open the door for new technology-enabled and service-focused brick & mortar experiences that help customers understand the Wayfair brand, explore our catalog, seek out help from product and design experts, and ultimately furnish the homes they love with more confidence, ease, and satisfaction.
What You’ll Do:
- As our Store Manager, you’ll partner with cross-functional teams on rapid iteration of store experience based on learnings.
- You’ll support onboarding and training – from new hire process through coaching and development of store staff on the retail floor.
- Set the bar for outstanding customer service, interacting with customers in a friendly, approachable, informed and professional manner.
- You will own staffing of the sales floor – both for customer assistance and service as well as tactical needs (re-stocking shelves, updating store layout, in-store visual merchandising).
- Oversee inventory management of the store with focus on reduction of carrying costs and cost of goods and ensuring rapid turnover of items on the retail floor.
- Manage point of sales, payroll, supply needs, cash control, billing and other cost needs.
- You’ll need to be comfortable navigating the Wayfair website and teaching customers in the store how to interact with technology.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree, 5+ years of experience in a retail or customer-facing environment, and 3+ years of experience leading teams.
- Strength in identifying and developing top talent and creating and retaining strong teams. The ability to think strategically and tactically, pivot readily and react to real-time data, including prioritizing and adjusting staff scheduling and time allocation to execute multiple tasks and achieve strong business results.
- Ability to rapidly adopt and use technology (both traditional and non-traditional retail) including use of online tools, mobile and other electronic devices.
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment with a bias for action and ability to deal with ambiguity within a dynamic, fast-paced, rapidly changing organization
- Positive, authentic, genuine and extremely collaborative team player who wants to see others and themselves succeed and thrive.
- Strong critical thinking skills, someone who is curious, thinks outside-the-box and is consistently identifying opportunities for continuous improvement of the store. Analytical and quantitative-minded with fluency in using data and metrics to drive assumptions and decision-making and communicate insights to the business.
- Possesses strong, persuasive communication and customer service skills. Process-oriented operator who enjoys managing tasks to lower costs and limit company losses.
- Has genuine interest and an innate sense of home furnishing style; is a steward of Wayfair culture, passionate about learning and talking to customers about our latest products and services.
- Comfort working in a physical environment with capacity for standing up to 8 hours, reaching overhead, lifting up to 75 lbs., bending, with or without reasonable accommodation. Can accommodate a flexible schedule e.g. working evenings, weekends and holidays.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.