Senior Manager Data Science (m/f)
Wayfair’s Data Science team builds the algorithmic systems that drive our business. With 7 expansive workstreams (Pricing, Personalization & Recommendations, Merchandising, Marketing, B2B, Computer Vision, and Operations), and more than 20 specialized subteams, our projects span from enormously broad to minutely specific. The projects that our teams work on are driven from the ground up – we look for entrepreneurial individuals that want to take ownership over their own agenda and thrive in a collaborative team environment. Take for example (1) determining how to implement AR technology to improve the shopping experience versus (2) optimizing diversity in the sales we highlight in a customer’s email. There is very little at Wayfair that our Data Science team does not touch. They work closely with stakeholders across the business to ensure that our data driven insights do not collect dust. With an in-house A/B testing platform and rolling code deployments, our team can quickly and clearly see the impact that its work has on the company at large.
Check out some of our work here: https://tech.wayfair.com/team-data-science/
What You’ll Do:
- Lead a team of data scientists responsible for designing and executing algorithmic solutions
- Serve as consultative partner to business and product leaders to understand their needs and how they translate into models
- Explore opportunities both in terms of business needs and in terms of what is technically feasible
- Plan projects and manage their execution, prioritizing between competing interests and providing technical guidance
- Represent data-science work to stakeholders and teams company-wide
What You’ll Need:
- BA/BS/MS/or PhD, with strong academic record, ideally in Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Operations Research, Economics, or other quantitative field
- Significant experience in a Data Science role in a corporate, start-up, or research environment
- Previous experience leading a team and developing direct reports
- Hands-on technical experience in advanced modelling and machine learning, high comfort level with programming (i.e. Python/R or similar, SQL)
- Strong talent for effective communication
- Intense intellectual curiosity – strong desire to always be learning
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.