Operations Intern - EU Supply Chain Projects & Analytics (m/f)
You will be part of the EU Supply Chain Projects & Analytics Team, which is responsible for defining efficiency and driving cost reduction initiatives across our business in Europe. Their main goal is to deliver an excellent customer experience by reducing contacts per order, improving the EU NPS scores and optimizing the ship cost. On top of that, they deliver analytics solutions and lead functional projects for the EU Supply Chain. Based in our vibrant Berlin office, you will work with a passionate and talented team, committed to helping you develop your skills and produce high quality work.
With thousands of unique products shipping every week and an ambitious logistics transformation underway, this is a great learning opportunity, as well as your chance to make a decisive contribution to our business.
What You'll Do:
- Contribute to the analytical work of the Operations team at Wayfair
- Verify product information with our suppliers
- Devise solutions based on the analysis to improve customer experience and reduce costs
- Drive implementation of solutions cross-functionally with multiple stakeholders, including Merchandising and Category Management
- Conduct miscellaneous analyses in Logistics and Operations at Wayfair
What You'll Need:
- 5-6 month availability starting in April
- Education in analytical or technical field preferred (e.g. Industrial Engineering, Business Informatics, Systems Engineering)
- Practical Experience with SQL & R/Python and proficiency in use of MS-Office
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Enthusiasm and aptitude for learning quickly and multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well both independently and in a cross-functional team setting
- Strong communication and negotiation skills in the English language
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.