Senior Manager, Operations Process Improvement
Senior Manager, Operations Process Improvement
Do you have the business savvy and problem-solving skills necessary to thrive in a start-up environment? Are you looking to hit the ground running and have an immediate impact in a highly visible role? If so, you are a great fit for one of Wayfair’s fastest growing, new businesses, CastleGate Fulfillment Services.
Wayfair is looking for a talented, self-motivated and entrepreneurial Senior Manager with demonstrated capabilities to streamline and optimize day-to-day operations for the CastleGate team. The ideal candidate is an energetic team player who understands how to effectively drive results in a fast-paced and rapidly growing company. The candidate must also be able to develop robust, trusting relationships with key fulfillment customers, and identify opportunity to improve the CastleGate offering, command strong senior presence, and build a team of high performing Operations Associates. The candidate must have an interest in innovating to solve business problems creatively and a willingness to immediately tackle key challenges.
The ideal candidate is goal-oriented and comfortable with cross-functional collaboration and consultative customer service. He/she has demonstrated success in aligning cross-functional stakeholders and communicating proactive, real time updates across groups. He/She is able to build robust relationships with key suppliers and advocate for those customers’ needs to improve the CastleGate offering. The ideal candidate has successful project management experience and can balance analytical thinking with effective communication. He/She also thrives in a fast-paced environment and is able to adapt to change quickly. The Senior Operations Manager can work at both a tactical level (analyzing customer and fulfillment center data, solving operational problems real-time, pivoting between projects quickly) while identifying and escalating strategic improvement opportunities for the overall success of the business
- Collaborate with account management team, warehouses and technology teams to solve immediate day-to-day operational issues
- Build strong relationships with existing customers as a trusted advisor.
- Monitor and report on key service level metrics for fulfillment customers to ensure that we are providing excellent customer experience and delivering on our promise.
- Support operational strategy and innovation to drive business goals for revenue, operational performance, and profitability.
- Manage, coach, develop team of Operations Associates.
- Manage multiple priorities in a face-paced environment with effective communication and thorough follow through.
- Collaborate effectively with groups company-wide, including Engineering, Warehouse Operations, Planning, Category Management, Supplier Performance, Data Integration, Merchandising and Logistics.
Skills & Experience:
- MBA preferred, Bachelor Degree with 7+ years of operations improvement, project management, and/or entrepreneurial management experience.
- Strong analytical and process improvement skills.
- Highly sensitive and responsive to customer needs and concerns.
- Track record of success in managing and developing a team.
- Senior presence with thoughtful, articulate communication style.
- Able to work collaboratively across functions and synthesize multiple points of view into a streamlined action plan.
- Adept at communicating up and down and at pivoting approach depending on the audience’s needs.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, self-reliant and able to motivate others.
- Problem solving mindset with strict attention to detail.
- Familiarity with Excel and SQL are a plus.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.