Senior Manager, Organizational Development and Talent Management (m/f)
Wayfair is looking for an experienced and creative leader to shape and drive our organizational development and talent strategy. Wayfair is experiencing rapid and dynamic growth across the organization. To help support the current revenue growth we have increased headcount significantly and added locations across the US and Europe. A critical component of our success is strong people management and development. As we continue to expand, we are focused on ensuring that we have the right leadership, teams and infrastructure in place to support this larger, more complex organization.
We are open to offering flexibility on working hours, to accommodate needs of the ideal candidate.
We are seeking a Senior Manager for Organizational Development and Talent Management to help support and shape growth across large functional areas. This key role will partner with our senior leaders to develop and implement talent management and organizational development strategies and solutions across divisions/functions, enhance organizational effectiveness, drive a culture of career growth and talent mobility and strengthen employee engagement and leadership across the EU.
The role will work very closely with the Director of Talent EU, the Associate Director of Talent Strategy Business Partners and the head of the EU Commercial Business. This position focuses on assessing, identifying, developing and implementing projects and initiatives on how we staff, onboard, develop, motivate, assess, retain and organize our workforce.
Success in the role comes with the potential to transition into a more operational role over time. Whether coaching managers on how to lead and grow their teams, navigating and resolving challenging people issues, or advising and building programs and initiatives that increase productivity, you’ll be asked to roll up your sleeves and get involved. Your approach will include sound strategic thinking, objective and robust data analysis and excellent project delivery.
As the first Senior Manager for Organizational Development and Talent Management supporting the EU Commercial organization – with a headcount of roughly 200 – you will have the opportunity to both shape your role and help create the overall Business Partners team.
- Working with key executive stakeholders in their relevant functional area to develop the talent management plan for employees ranging from entry level to executive level
- Helping to identify skill and leadership gaps within the functional area and proposing and implementing changes necessary to put key solutions in place
- Analyzing key employee data for your functional area (e.g., employee engagement surveys, turnover stats, compensation structures, upward feedback) to help improve employee satisfaction, retention and effectiveness
- Working with HR and key stakeholders to develop long term plans for calibration, compensation and development processes for employees in relevant functional area
- Providing strategic business partnership and coaching to key functional partners on performance feedback, leadership development and conflict management
- Significant people management or relevant experience (top tier consulting firm experience preferred)
- Passion for people and ideally proven success in people management and development
- Strong quantitative, analytical and communication skills
- Senior presence and ability to work side-by-side with a broad range of levels and functions to achieve objectives
- Strong communicator and excellent interpersonal skills, demonstrated ability to influence and coach others
- High level of flexibility and adaptability
- Strong customer service focus with a sense of urgency and excellent follow through
- Demonstrated ability to influence and coach others
This is a great role for a strong performer who is looking to make the jump from consulting to a business operating role. The Senior Manager for Organizational Development and Talent Management role will allow you to get a holistic view of the organization, work with key executives and help create a new team with the potential to move into a more operational role in the organization over time.
About Us: Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.