Senior Manager - Global Supply Chain Planning & Forecasting
Who we Are (Supply Chain Planning):
The Supply Chain Planning team collaborates cross-functionally with multiple teams across the company, ranging from Data Science, Operations Research, Product, Engineering, Operations, and Merchandising. We tackle complex, big-picture problems head-on and use data and analytics, processes, and technology to help frame business strategy and drive decision-making. Part of this strategy is to create innovative Sales and Operations planning systems that minimize risk and optimize cost within its Supply Chain Network for both Wayfair and its 5000+ suppliers and enable excellent customer delivery experiences. Improving Sales and Operations planning is a key strategic initiative at the company and is highly visible function. The Supply Chain Planning team within Wayfair uses in-depth analytics and business acumen to make smart and strategic throughput and capacity planning decisions.
What you’ll Do:
The Sales and Operations team at Wayfair is looking for a Senior Manager to join the global throughput and capacity planning function and lead a team of managers and/or analysts to achieve the team’s mandate and goals. This includes:
- Be creative to envision the end-to-end complex business state by connecting various pieces together by communicating with different teams such as Inventory Planning, Sales, Transportation, Ocean Imports, Engineering teams, etc.
- Provide tactical inputs to warehouse operations for labor, storage, and transportation planning and risk mitigation solutions
- Provide long term capacity planning guidance for network growth and new facility launches
- Structure the network throughput and capacity planning methodology and set up the key operating processes
- Drive strong relationships across stakeholder teams to collaborate on throughput and capacity planning to optimize cost and minimize risk
- Define innovative and data-driven MVP/pilot solutions to improve process/sub-process performance, and streamline processes to drive ongoing process improvements
- Develop MVPs/pilot initiatives into mature and thriving programs across organizational functions such as Warehouse Operations, Sales operations, International supply chain, Supplier performance, Inventory planning and Account Management, and Engineering teams
- Plan and manage network throughput under capacity constraints for round the year key sales events
- Work closely with the product and engineering teams to define the product roadmap and prioritize resources effectively
- Lead/mentor a strong team of managers and analysts
- Advanced knowledge of SQL
- MS in Business, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics or Analytics degree preferred but not required
- At least 3+ years of experience in an analytical or consulting role with at least 2+ years’ experience in project management and client management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and executive presence in team meetings
- Experience working with senior leaders a must
- Experience collaborating successfully with cross-functional teams with a proven record of being highly sensitive and responsive to stakeholder needs and concerns
- An ability to synthesize multiple points of view into a streamlined action plan and drive consensus among cross-functional teams
- Experience working with large data-sets and passionate about solving complex business problems
- An affinity for data and resourcefulness in making intelligent assumptions when data is not available
- A track record of success in managing and developing a team.
- Strong written and verbal cross-functional communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of SQL and working knowledge of other statistical tools
- Ability to take on minimum travel (<15%)
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.