Product Designer - Design Systems
As a Product Designer for the Global Experience & Design Systems teams, you’ll be responsible for shaping the tools and standards we use to build the next iteration of great experiences here at Wayfair. Using your knowledge of product design, systems thinking, and platform best practices, you’ll help us create a consistent and predictable look & feel for all of our products and maintain a high bar for quality with respect to both usability and accessibility.
Who This Person Is:
- A strong background in UX or HCI.
- Likely 4-6 years of relevant education & work experience.
- Both autonomous and collaborative, they will be working with multiple stakeholders across different functions.
- Excellent presentation, communication and documentation skills, able to clearly articulate design rationale and goals.
- A systems thinker, able see how all parts fit together and how small changes propagate throughout the system. Pursues scalable solutions over one-off fixes.
- Must have a design portfolio that details your process, thinking, and ability to generate design deliverables. Strong candidates will likely have some examples of:
- Prior Design System (or related) work such as developing maintaining, or utilizing: brand standards, style guides, component design, modular libraries or toolkits.
- Well-documented and clearly presented case studies highlighting comprehensive research, component/site audits, competitive analysis, and concise writing ability.
- Decisions that demonstrate strong considerations of accessibility standards, platform best practices, and/or adherence to brand guidelines or themes.
- Bonus points for:
- Front end development experience (HTML, CSS, JS).
- Design tools and/or prototyping expertise (Sketch, XD, Figma, Framer, etc).
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Championing the Wayfair product design language and advocating for consistency across the array of brands, products, and platforms our team supports.
- Cataloging and documenting design patterns in use, taking into account industry best practices and accessibility guidelines.
- Working across teams and disciplines to identify opportunities for new components, variations, and patterns.
- Triaging incoming issues and helping to facilitate conversations around potential changes to components or their usage.
- Assisting in the creation and maintenance our teamwide design resources, such as our flowchart, wireframe, and UI toolkits.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended June 30, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 9,700 people.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.