Associate Director of Product Management, Best In Class Product Solutions
Associate Director of Product Management, Best in Class Product Solutions
Wayfair believes everyone deserves a home they love, and that furnishing your home should be a source of fun, not anxiety. Our consumer-facing Product team plays a crucial role in making this vision a reality for millions of people around the world. Partnering with Engineering, Experience Design, Analytics and business leaders across Wayfair, our Product team ensures that we’re building technology that solves important customer problems in elegant, scalable, measurable ways.
We’re tackling a wide array of fascinating, incredibly difficult problems - like helping a massive, rapidly growing global customer base efficiently find the perfect products from our catalog of >10M items (with the majority of traffic on mobile), building 2-sided marketplaces to connect consumers with interior designers and contractors, and leveraging A/R and Computer Vision to help customers visualize products in their space. We have a modern tech stack including sophisticated capabilities around AI, data science, multivariate testing and personalization. And we’re a highly collaborative, supportive team that values learning, psychological safety and intentional career development.
Wayfair is looking for a senior product leader who is passionate about creating amazing consumer products at scale and building high-performing teams from the ground up. Reporting to the Director of Best in Class experiences, you will share responsibility for one of Wayfair’s most important strategic priorities: to ensure a best-in-class shopping experience for millions of products across hundreds of product categories, for all of our brands and geographies.
Specifically, the Best In Class Product Solutions team will build experiences across the funnel that help our customers confidently identify and fully address their needs. This includes managing the strategy and execution of: Product guidance — Wayfair has a large and complex catalog, and our customers’ needs are also complex. How do you help customers identify and solve their needs quickly and confidently within this context?
Product Comparison — Once a customer has identified a candidate product, they want to compare it to similar products along axes that are important to them. How do you concisely lay out the options so they can quickly and confidently make a final selection?
Live help — A human touch is sometimes required, especially for customers who aren’t yet familiar with our catalog. When and how should you connect our customers to our B2C sales team, and how do we use those touch points to constantly improve our automated platform?
Vertical solutions — Our category managers have ambitious plans to grow their respective businesses. How can you create customized digital aisles to aggressively grow these verticals?
This role offers the opportunity to transform the way millions of consumers around the world create homes they love, have a major impact at a rapidly growing $10B public company, partner with senior executives across the company on a high-profile initiative, and build a cross-functional team of experienced product managers, software engineers, product designers, analysts and data scientists.
What You'll Do
- Establish vision, strategy and product roadmap for a group of product development teams, including product guidance, product comparison, live help, and vertical solutions, across our entire retail brand and geographic footprint.
- Partner closely with senior leaders in Site Merchandising, Category Management, Data Science, and other product development teams to ensure tight alignment on strategy, prioritization, communication and execution.
- Build a product team from the ground up. You’ll inherit a team of one product manager (and scrum team) and hire more, ensuring the team has a high degree of excellence, psychological safety, and bias to action.
- Lead your teams to deliver business impact by launching and iteratively optimizing products that improve our user experience in ways that lead to scalable, measurable gains in metrics that you will largely define.
What You'll Need
- 7+ years experience in product management
- 3+ years’ experience successfully leading and growing teams that are highly effective both in terms of business impact and team culture.
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience with hypothesis-driven learning and turning data into actionable insights.
- Deep understanding of business strategy and metrics.
- Passionate about building functional and engaging user experiences.
- Superior communication skills with demonstrated ability to navigate a complex organization and generate buy-in for ideas and plans.
- Strong cross-functional leadership experience.
- A mix of start-up and large-company experience.
- Preference for candidates with experience in e-commerce.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for action and ability to deal with ambiguity and rapidly changing environments.
- Bachelor’s degree in either a technology, design, or business discipline preferred.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.