Data Science - Internship/Working Student (m/f)
Data Science at Wayfair is a diverse group of people from all over the world, who use a wide range of skills across math, science and engineering to solve problems with data. Mainly the work encompasses data mining, algorithm design, algorithm platform engineering and influencing business decisions. The department covers three main areas:
- Personalization: We machine-learn customer behavior and build recommendations across site and email to personalize the experience for millions of unique shoppers.
- Marketing: Wayfair invests hundreds of millions of dollars in annual marketing spend, and we optimize the return using attribution, segmenting, and forecasting.
- Operations: We algorithmically enhance and automate Wayfair’s behind-the-scenes operational capabilities by teaching machines to perform human-like operations on our huge catalogue.
Check out some of our work here: https://tech.wayfair.com/team-data-science/
What You'll Do
- Support one of our Data Science teams with their modelling work
- Have responsibility for part of a larger project
- Wrangle data from multiple sources including sales, customer, and clickstream databases
- Conduct analysis and predictive modelling to uncover learnings from data
- Build and test prescriptive algorithms to automate decision-making
What You'll Need
- Some initial exposure to quantitative modelling/machine learning, e.g. within MA or PhD studies
- Proficiency in Python and SQL
- Pragmatic approach to problem-solving
- looking to gain some industry experience as part of your university course or as an entry opportunity
- Desire to always be learning, and a collaborative team-player attitude!
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.