Senior Manager, Customer Service
Wayfair is seeking a customer service driven senior leader with successful experience building teams, developing and coaching groups of managers and a proven track record of offering strategic, innovative solutions in a fast-paced and growing environment.
The right candidate will also possess a strong sense of urgency, and the ability to improve operational efficiency through process improvement. Other critical success factors for this role include great problem-solving skills and the ability to think outside the box to resolve customer issues.
- Develop, manage and coach managers of inbound teams to build successful teams and deliver an exceptional customer experience
- Analyze team performance to drive improvement in KPIs and close performance gaps
- Make decisions about business policies, managing risks and resolving employee issues
- Ensure appropriate resources are available to meet changing requirements and volume to meet performance objectives
- Identify training gaps and partner with support teams to improve performance
- Hold regular meetings to discuss performance trends and pass on corporate and local initiatives
- Effectively interview and recommend candidates for hire
- Coordinate and implement bonus, reward and recognition programs to drive both group and individual performance
- Take corrective action to manage performance as appropriate
- Effectively respond to escalated customer service issues to ensure proper resolution
- 5+ years of service management experience, with proven leadership track record and verifiable history of managing managers of successful, high volume teams. Email and Chat experience preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in call centers with 100+ employees.
- Ability to adapt to changing environments and “roll up your sleeves” – this role is very “hands on”
- Proven coaching skills that can impact both front-line agents and develop supervisors.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience (i.e. 5+ years industry experience in lieu of degree).
- Strong Internet / PC skills – comfortable and proficient in a technology-driven business.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Flexibility with work schedule.
- Proven ability to close performance gaps.
- Proven ability to multi-task and contribute innovative business solutions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ability to alternate sitting and standing throughout an 8 hour period, and sometimes longer.
- Ability to use a computer keyboard and computer screen.
- Ability to use a telephone headset and telephone system.
- Ability to handle stressful customer interactions via telephone and email.
- Ability to perform all above-mentioned duties with or without accommodations.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.