French Canadian Translation Specialist (M/F)
Who We Are
Wayfair’s European Headquarters in Berlin is looking for a talented French-Canadian Translation Specialist for our Localization team to help localize storefront, product catalogue and other internal and external tools for our French-Canadian market! We are the largest online retailer of home furnishings and housewares in the United States and we’re ready to replicate this success in the Canadian and European markets.
This is a great opportunity to directly impact the development of our Canadian business and to make sure that our customers have the best shopping experience possible.
What You’ll Do
- Execute on data-driven projects to improve product data quality and help customers make purchasing decisions
- Ensure we have beautiful content and the best-in-class experience for our French-Canadian customers
- Work with your team and manage projects on your own
- Translate high priority projects into French using various translation tools (e.g. Smartling)
- Review and edit English product translations into French
- Perform quality assurance processes on our product catalogue and website
- Provide linguistic support for internal customers as needed
- Coordinate, onboard, train and support freelance translators
- Contribute to the development of tools and processes to make our team more efficient and effective
Who You Are
- Native French Canadian and C2 level of English. Additional European languages are a plus!
- Sufficient experience in translation, copywriting and proofreading
- CAT tool knowledge (Smartling or other CAT tools knowledge a plus)
- Educational background in translation / English or French studies
- A keen eye for detail without losing sight of the bigger picture
- Outstanding organization skills
- Team player
- Demonstrated interest in online media and e-commerce
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (business writing, conversational writing)
- Excel and SQL fluency a plus
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.