Senior Lead, Creative Strategy & Operations
Wayfair is home to one of the retail industry’s largest in-house creative agencies. The Creative Group is a world class team comprised of many disciplines – designers, copywriters, stylists, editors, cinematographers, directors, producers and more. Our work fuels all forms of onsite and offsite marketing and communication with our consumers from TV to online video to social, email, direct mail and more.
The Creative Strategy and Operations team serves as the business owner of our Creative Group. This team drives the long-term strategy, scaling and day-to-day workflow for this large and diverse organization. This team has an appreciation for Creative, but is not creative itself. We are seeking bright, driven, well-rounded leaders to help us run Creative as a business, drive outsized performance for our stakeholder partners and wow our customers.
In this role, you will hire, mentor and lead a team that drives the Marketing Creative organization planning, strategy and workflow for a core business line, e.g., core B2C Marketing. You will build relationships and collaborate with a broad set of senior stakeholders, e.g.: Marketing Channel owners, Promotional Campaign Managers and internal Brand Managers. You will own major initiatives that drive efficiency in our process, challenge the way we work (for the better) and set us up to deliver exceptional experiences for our customer that are optimized, data-driven and reinforcing of our consumer brands.
What You'll Do:
- Own the operational strategy and outlook for the Creative team serving a core business line
- Capacity planning, grounded in a data-driven demand forecast, validated with intuition
- Organization planning and design (in collaboration with the Creative lead)
- Process design and continuous improvement (currently grounded in Agile methodology)
- Capability assessment and gap analysis (do we have the right people today to do the work that will be required tomorrow?)
- Manage, coach and inspire a team of project managers and coordinators
- Strategically map creative resources to high quality work that drives our brand and business goals; oversee the end-to-end delivery of multiple high priority projects concurrently
- Lead the thinking on how our working model needs to evolved to accommodate the significant growth and complex demands of our business – proactively and productively disrupt status quo
- Drive efficiencies across all aspects of our work, from intake to delivery, from upfront planning through to retrospective learning, in collaboration with the Creative leads and stakeholders
What You'll Need:
- 7+ years of experience or 1+ years post MBA preferred
- 1+ years of management experience preferred
- No formal Creative or Operations experience required
- Evidence of “scrappy startup execution” and a “get it done” attitude when time is tight and stakes are high
- Proven experience and passion for working across functions and with c-level leaders, synthesizing multiple points of view and owning a coherent action plan, all while negotiating and influencing others
- Strong analytical foundation with a penchant for process and operations
- Intensely curious with an appreciation for creative
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.