Senior Analyst, Supply Chain Analytics & Planning
Who we are:
The Supply Chain Planning and Analytics team works cross-functionally across the Wayfair Operations group to tackle complex and high-visibility operational planning and long-term strategy problems. To do this, we use analytics, structured process design, and technology to frame the future supply-chain business strategy for Wayfair and drive operational decision making. As a team, we create innovative sales and operations planning systems to maximize delivery speed and minimize cost both Wayfair and its 5000+ suppliers. We also act as internal consultants influencing a wide array of decisions including transportation optimization, fulfillment center and middle mile facility footprint design, inventory optimization, and capacity planning.
What you will do:
- Translate high-level business problems into concrete work streams that can be answered using data-driven modeling and analysis
- Partner with cross-functional business stakeholders to identify, analyze, and implement initiatives that allow us to more effectively operate our supply chain network
- Apply an impact-focused, entrepreneurial lens to proactively identify, develop, and implement business and process improvement initiatives that capture cost and/or service benefits across all aspects Wayfair’s supply chain
- Use analytical and quantitative skills to work with large and complex datasets, analyze ill-defined questions, build decision-support tools, and develop recommendations to guide business decisions
- Present your analysis with clear recommendations to stakeholders and senior leadership
- Demonstrate strong motivation and ability to develop and continuously improve business and analysis processes to keep pace with the rapid growth and scale of Wayfair’s operations
Who you are:
- BA or BS in a quantitative field with a strong academic record; MS in Business, Engineering, Mathematics or Analytics preferred, but not required
- 3+ years professional work experience in a strong quantitative, analytical, or consulting environment
- Passionate about tackling complex supply-chain business problems from problem definition and business-case development to implementation
- Leadership and cross-functional collaboration experience with demonstrated examples of business impact
- Eagerness to present business cases and analysis insights to peers, stakeholders, and senior leadership
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to translate sophisticated analyses into a logical, convincing business narrative
- Affinity for working with data and resourcefulness in situations where clean data and/or complete information is not available
- Advanced Excel and business modeling skills in a professional environment; additional exposure to more advanced analytics & database tools preferred (e.g., SQL, Python, R, Tableau)
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.