Senior Manager, Pricing (m/f)
Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes and one of our biggest investments as an organization is making that vision a reality in Europe. The UK is our largest European business and the incubation hub for our latest analytical approaches. Our team is responsible for driving growth by controlling Wayfair’s dynamic pricing and product sorting algorithms to manage the delicate tradeoff between short and long term profitability. We also serve as a centralizing force across marketing, finance, logistics, product and merchandising to manage our day to day business business performance. This puts us in a very influential position to drive the P&L of our rapidly expanding businesses, including regular exposure to the senior leadership team.
What You'll Do
- You will own the roadmap for long term profitability in the UK market and represent that agenda with the senior leadership team
- Lead a team of analysts to decide how to translate elasticity measurements, competitive price levels and our understanding of costs into price levels optimized to achieve our business goals
- Collaborate with a talented group of category managers and marketers (London and Berlin offices) to drive breakthrough growth with high priority product classes and suppliers
- You will deftly generate and test hypotheses that continuously improve our unit economics while maintaining our competitive positioning in the market
- Demonstrate your creativity by finding non-price levers to drive sales and/or margins, such as customizing our product sort or product level badges to better serve UK customers
- Working with US-based counterparts, you will evaluate and adapt the latest pricing theory advancements for application in the UK context
- Build and maintain insight-generating dashboards to communicate performance to senior leadership and to help diagnose and address negative trends
What You'll Need
- Demonstrated ability to manage a team and produce strong results, particularly in multi-stakeholder environments
- Strong quantitative skills – ability to develop analytical methodologies and assumptions, use data software to conduct the analyses, and synthesize findings
- Strong communication skills – ability to succinctly summarize and share results with key stakeholders
- Degree in Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Business, or other concentrations with heavy quantitative focus
- Significant professional work experience in a data focused role; consulting, B2C pricing, retail, technology, start-up, strategy, banking, or other analytical roles strongly preferred
- Advanced coding and SQL capabilities preferred
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.