Head of Customer Growth Strategy
Head of Customer Growth Strategy
Are you passionate about using data analytics to discover trends and help businesses grow? Do you want to have an immediate impact on a fast-paced and constantly evolving company? Are you excited to work closely with business leaders to develop strategies that will take our business to the next level?
Awarded best E-Retail marketer in 2017 by Internet Retailer, our Customer Growth team is responsible for growing brand awareness, acquiring new customers, and getting those customers to come back again. We look for individuals with highly quantitative backgrounds who seek out innovative ways to reach our customers and cultivate loyalty to our brand.
Our team is organized into groups for our Wayfair.com, B2B, and Lifestyle Brands (i.e., Joss&Main, Perigold, AllModern, and Birch Lane) each focused on different aspects of the customer experience:
- Vertical Marketing – This team is responsible for the end-to-end growth strategy of different Product Categories (e.g., Furniture, Décor, Appliances, Renovation, etc)
- TV/Online Video – This team is responsible for strategy, show integrations, media placements, and optimization for all TV and Online Video commercials
- Display and Social Media – The Display and Social Media team tackles all display and social media growth campaigns including Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and Twitter.
- Direct Mail, Catalog, Affiliates, and Partners – This team vets and cultivates new customer acquisition opportunities, including direct mail, affiliates, e-mail lead generation, sweepstakes, partnerships and special offers, and life-stage targeting.
- Notifications – The Notifications team works on driving retention growth within our current customer base through strategic and triggered email outreach.
- Intent – The Intent team is responsible for day-to-day management of middle of the funnel digital channels. This includes paid search, site retargeting, product listing ads, and comparison shopping engines.
- Loyalty – The Loyalty team is responsible for understanding what actions are causal to customer loyalty, and finding ways to drive these actions to increase our loyal customer base
- Registry – The Registry team is responsible for developing the Wayfair Wedding Registry offering and acquiring new customers via cross-channel activities.
- B2B – The B2B team focuses on reaching business customers, from Fortune 100 businesses to interior designers to daycare centers to contractors. The B2B segment is one of Wayfair’s largest growth areas.
- Manage and optimize a multimillion dollar budget to meet ROI goals and grow the business
- Complete ownership over channel which includes budget, campaign execution, and revenue growth
- Develop strategy for priority initiatives and lead implementation to drive step change improvements in performance
- Analyze campaign performance, identify trends, and facilitate opportunities for improvement
- Closely monitor campaign performance daily and react to deviations from plan quickly and strategically
- Cultivate and strengthen relationships with external partners and vendors
- Institute rigorous test-and-learn methodology to achieve desired results
- Join forces with the Data Science and Engineering teams to contribute to our continuous efforts to improve our customer’s experience
- 10+ years of experience or 4+ years post MBA experience preferred
- 3+ years management experience, including success in building and scaling teams
- Experience in management consulting, private equity, investment banking, or corporate strategy preferred
- Thrives in a high growth, entrepreneurial, and ambiguous environment
- Demonstrated experience independently developing a strategy and driving tangible results across teams in an ambiguous environment while leveraging data from a multitude of sources to tell a story and impact the overarching strategy. Advanced excel skills needed
- Evidence of “scrappy startup execution” and a “get it done” attitude when time is tight and stakes are high
- Proven experience and passion for working across functions and with c-level leaders, synthesizing multiple points of view and owning a coherent action plan, all while negotiating and influencing others
- Effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to tailor communication style based on the audience
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.