Regional Field Support Engineer
Regional Field Support Engineer
St. Louis, MO
Wayfair is looking to grow our Corporate IT team by bringing on board a talented individual who wants broad exposure to the technologies that support our desktop computing and technical warehouse infrastructure as well as our large-scale Internet e-commerce platform.
What You’ll Do:
- Providing second and third-level support to our employees for all IT-related concerns, which includes supporting and troubleshooting technologies such as: Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Server 2008, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, File/Print Services, Spam/Virus Protection, VOIP telephony, CISCO networking and our own proprietary software
- Preparing, repairing and deploying desktop computers, warehouse technologies (such as wired and wireless scan guns, packing stations) and other office equipment
- Experience with deploying software\imaging with System Center Configuration Manager added
- Maintaining and expanding edge network switchgear
- Managing, monitoring and troubleshooting daily batch and backup processes
- Helping with the planning and deployment of new and upgraded products
- Helping to seek out and implement ways to make a system or process more efficient
- Willing and able to travel to multiple regional sites (up to 3 hour drives away)
What You’ll Need:
- BA or BS degree from a 4-year college or university or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of current IT Support Experience
- A high degree of technical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
- A strong sense of customer service, attention to detail and desire for organization
- Solid understanding of Microsoft technologies
- Active directory experience, including Group Policy Objects and User Profiles
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and prioritize appropriately
- Familiarity with email, FTP and HTTP technologies
- Unix/Linux (particularly FreeBSD/CentOS) knowledge/interest a plus
- Prior warehouse operations/warehouse management system experience a plus
- Scripting ability, especially using Powershell, VBScript and/or PHP, a large plus
- SQL knowledge highly preferred but not required
- Ability to occasionally lift 40 lbs.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.