Senior Data Analyst, Supply Chain Analytics - Forecasting & Demand Modeling
Who We Are
Do you enjoy using big data to draw conclusions and define strategies? If yes, the Supply Chain Analytics team at Wayfair is looking to add a senior analyst to their team! You will apply quantitative skills to answer high-level business and global strategy questions that support operational initiatives. We, Supply Chain Analytics, are an internal consulting team within global operations that seeks to make the supply chain both run more efficiently and define the strategic vision using quantitative analysis and modeling. The Supply Chain Analytics group serves as the go-to source for the analytics needs for the growing Wayfair Operations team: from network and transportation design to carrier strategy to warehouse capacity and inventory planning.
What You’ll Do
- You will translate high-level business problems into more specific questions which can then be answered by data-driven analysis
- By partnering with business stakeholders from operations research to supply chain planning to transportation planning, you will identify key parameters, considerations and requirements for each project, and provide, get acceptable of analytical approach
- You will leverage multiple data sources to improve existing forecasting models
- You will optimize our supply chain forecasts by introducing new solutions to leverage the increased scale and complexity of our supply chain network
- You will conduct big data analysis using SQL, Python, Excel, Tableau and other software applications of your choice
- You have the basic understanding of statistical modeling and other quantitative models that the team uses to drive demand forecasts or more accurately predict customer demand across Wayfair’s complex supply chain.
- Take an active role in presenting the data driven conclusions and recommendations with a clear point of view so that insights can be used to help drive business strategy
Who You Are
- 1+ years of experience in a quantitative analysis or consulting role post advanced degree
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills. You are positive, people-oriented, enthusiastic, and can easily work with others cross-functionally, regardless of their analytical proficiency or technical competency.
- You have a Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Supply Chain or Industrial Engineering, Computer Science, Physics or other concentrations with heavy quantitative focus strongly preferred
- You are passionate about solving complex business problems & supply chain puzzles
- You possess an affinity for data and resourcefulness in obtaining data when clean and or complete information is not available
- You have statistical modeling experience with time-series models, preferable with 1+ years experience writing scripts in Python or R.
- You are proficient at writing SQL queries to query data from analytical databases.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.