2 x Manager – Inventory Planning – Ecommerce (M/F)
CasteGate is a best in class fulfillment solution for our suppliers to boosts sales by delivering products to customers faster, safer, and at lower cost than ever before. Launched in 2014, we pair cutting-edge technology with unparalleled support to offer a complete suite of fulfillment services including warehousing and inventory management; pick, pack and ship; and custom product photography
Wayfair’s CastleGate team is looking for a driven, confident Manager with strong attention-to-detail, the ability to consider the bigger picture when executing quantitative tasks, and effective communication skills to join the Inventory Planning function. This team is at the forefront of building an innovative, scalable business strategy for Wayfair to achieve business growth of 3-4x. You will be leading a team of Inventory Planners that partner with internal account managers as well as with our suppliers to grow their business with Wayfair.
As the Inventory Planning team’s interface with both Wayfair Account Managers and our suppliers, you will develop insights to influence suppliers’ product assortment, production, supply chain and operations. Other focus areas include financial analysis and decision-making related to inventory replenishment and purchasing, managing excess inventory, promotional buys and improving overall inventory efficiency. You will leverage a strategic and analytical mindset to continually improve our fulfillment program.
What You’ll Do:
- Advise, develop and coach a team of Inventory Planners
- Active in the hiring, training and onboarding of new staff members
- Collaborate with Senior Management and Analytics team to streamline and improve tools and processes with scalable solutions
- Analyse a portfolio of supplier accounts and develop and execute strategies to optimize sales, turns and in-stock rates that are reflective of supplier goals
- Lead a team of direct reports in managing his/her account portfolios and replenishment strategies
- Communicate with suppliers and Account Managers to ensure follow-through on replenishment orders and inventory commitments, determine root-cause of account road-blocks and work collaboratively to develop sustainable, long-term strategies to grow the business
- Analyse key performance indicators and drive corrective action for self and team
- Manage efficient inbound inventory flows and stock health, including forecasting, purchasing, and removing aged inventory
- Conduct and assist with ad hoc analyses to improve business decision making
What You’ll Need:
- Sufficient leadership experience – proven ability to lead, coach and mentor high performing teams
- A strong focus on quantitative & analytical work
- Inventory planning/strategy experience will be highly regarded, any equivalent experience would be recognized
- Ecommerce experience is highly desirable
- Advanced Excel User
- Outstanding communication & persuasion skills to interact successfully with our cross-functional teams and suppliers
- Fluency in German is a plus
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Flexibility to adapt to changing requirements & role definition
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, preferably in a quantitative subject
- Previous experience in supply chain and inventory management a plus but not required
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.