The International Supply Chain is a team of highly driven and self-motivated individuals who are working in a fast-paced and fast-growing environment (we grew +10X during 2018). Our goal is to manage and drive operational efficiencies within the inbound space by working cross-functionally with teams within CastleGate, Logistics, and Engineering. We are working to grow our business, as this is the newest CastleGate supplier service, to hundreds of suppliers within the next few quarters.
The International Supply Chain (ISC) team is looking for a Transportation Planner to support the logistics coordination of freight from port of origin to Wayfair’s CastleGate Fulfillment Centers. This process is split in two: Ocean Freight (port of origin to port of destination) and Freight Drayage (port of destination to Fulfillment Center). In this role, you will be responsible for the daily planning and execution of freight pickup operations, working with the teams’ business partners to help standardize operational processes. You will also be supporting the process of working with the leadership team in identifying operational challenges, as well as helping to drive for creative solutions
What You'll Do
- Define the process and identify opportunities to engage with suppliers to solve immediate operational issues and improve service
- Lead workstreams that span multiple departments at Wayfair and also work with external contacts to resolve issues with shipments
- Use your quantitative skills to identify opportunities to improve the way we work with suppliers and the structure of our internal processes with the goal of driving operational excellence
- Define, implement and measure improvements to our operational processes with the goal of managing the incoming growth in the volume of containers handled in our supply chain
- Lead executions, collect data, analyze insights and provide recommendations for key projects aimed at improving Wayfair’s international supply chain team
What You'll Need
- 5+ years of experience working in fast-paced, challenging environments
- Computer savvy, including strong proficiency with SQL, MS Office, and MS Excel
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills – this is a key skill given the focus of the role in identifying opportunities for improvements in our processes/teams
- Experience working in a highly detail-oriented
- Strong communication and negotiation skills regardless of the media: in person, phone, or email
- Ability to stay consistently positive, people-oriented and energetic and to drive this behavior in others
- Strong work ethic and a history of meeting tight deadlines
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.