Manager- Supply Chain Visibility
At Wayfair, we are transforming the Supply Chain and Logistics industry and we are looking for creative and driven professionals to lead this change.
The Manager for Supply Chain Visibility will lead the creation of a solution to drive competitive differentiation and a step function productivity improvement for Wayfair. This role will leverage Wayfair’s unique and proprietary assets such as data, analytics, machine learning, software and talented teams to create a unique solution and disrupt a trillion-dollar industry.
This role will also be responsible for hiring, mentoring and leading a team of professionals executing the operational processes needed to provide visibility to $2 billion worth of domestic and international product moves. As an integral member of the International Supply Chain team, you’ll be able to put your stamp on the design and execution of the processes that underpin our proprietary supply chain network.
Keep reading if the challenge above sounds exciting and you enjoy using data to solve complex problems, driving innovation in a complex industry, managing the coordinated efforts of multidisciplinary teams, and create truly new products and services. In this role, you will be interacting very closely with, among others, Operations, Products and Engineering teams.
Your team is responsible of supporting efforts to quickly resolve existing order issues, target specific suppliers on key issues such as late shipments or incomplete shipping information, and provide an important account management function for suppliers. This is a role with tremendous opportunity to make an immediate impact on the success of the company and for growth within the Operations team.
What you will do:
- Be one of the leaders of building a strategy & process around the visibility and tracking of $2 billion worth of domestic & international product moves.
- Create a compelling vision for the “Visibility” team and get support for your vision from senior leadership across the organization.
- Create a team to act as the central ‘hub’ of process & information as it relates to visibility/monitoring of goods flowing throughout our supply chain network. You will lead, motivate, guide and manage the performance for a team of associates tasked with executing key processes to provide visibility into Wayfair’s supply chain.
- Transform existing visibility & monitoring process into a highly scalable solution capable of providing real-time updates to various stakeholders – suppliers, customers, forecasting teams, transportation, sales teams, and others.
- Partner with various teams (Inbound, Warehouse, Freight, Transactional, Technology, and others) to build world-class exceptions processes aimed at proactively partnering with key stakeholders in the event of a service disruption. Proactive issue resolution vs. reactive resolution will be key in this role.
- Partner with technology teams to develop brand new and innovative solutions for tracking and predicting the movement of freight (ocean containers, domestic inbound trucks, warehouse cross dock transfers, product moves in warehouses and more).
- Identify, build and negotiate strategic partnerships with startups and established companies in the Supply Chain and Logistics space to increase the value of our operations and technology solutions.
Who you are:
- Experienced, with 5+ years working in fast-paced environments such as consulting or technology companies.
- Great communicator and storyteller that excels at getting support for complex initiatives.
- Answer-first, business-oriented and data-driven decision maker that excels at creating actionable insights.
- Able to create structure out of chaos and derive a coherent view out of diverse, and sometimes conflicting, opinions and facts.
- Skilled at dealing with complex corporate environments and solving conflicts across very senior stakeholders aligned with diverse internal and external channels/partners, business units and product lines.
- Familiarity with Retail, Supply Chain and/or Logistics industry is highly preferred but not required.
- Extremely organized, meticulous and detailed oriented with the ability to see the story of how your work translates into data, cost savings and general operational excellence.
- Experienced team leader. You have managed and achieved success leading a team of highly effective and multidisciplinary team of operations professionals.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.