General Manager, Self Service, CastleGate
CastleGate was created to dramatically improve consumers’ shopping experience, and develop a unique competitive advantage for Wayfair. We do this by offering one and two-day delivery times, lower prices, and higher delivery quality of home products than has historically been possible. CastleGate partners with hundreds of home goods suppliers, and provides access to our rapidly expanding portfolio of logistics services. This is a distinct competitive advantage for Wayfair and a primary driver of our future growth and success.
CastleGate is growing quickly, and at the same time our service offering is expanding rapidly, which introduces both more power and more complexity to the solutions we offer. Continuing to drive this rapid progress will require a senior leadership team capable of building and executing strategy, developing innovative and high caliber teams, and partnering with suppliers at the most senior levels to advise them on making transformational decisions about the way they operate.
As a leader on the CastleGate team you will have the ability to:
- Own and drive a part of the business that has real and immediate impact on the overall success of Wayfair.
- Develop and execute transformational strategies that generate best-in-class customer satisfaction and enduring competitive advantage.
- Partner with a team of smart, motivated and driven individuals in an environment that is both collaborative and risk taking.
Visit this link to hear about CastleGate from Wayfair Co-Founder and CEO, Niraj Shah: https://www.youtube.com/embed/4ChIwUySYhs. Interested in learning more? Please visit the CastleGate website: http://www.castlegatefulfillment.com/
About the Role:
Fast-delivery is becoming a necessity for suppliers to succeed on Wayfair and in eCommerce generally, and as it does CastleGate is becoming a major competitive advantage for our suppliers. As a result, we anticipate rapidly increasing volumes of inbound interest in joining the program, and high volumes of interactions and transactions as suppliers expand and optimize their use of the program. In order to manage that growth efficiently, we need to rethink how our teams should interact with our supplier-partners and each other, and how technology can be used to power that work. Part of the solution will be a technology platform that will offer an end-to-end, self-service experience that will enable the expansion of CastleGate.
The technology solution we are building has to have the robustness and account for the complexity of a B2B solution, but function with the ease-of-use and user-experience of a great B2C site. It has to improve the experience of suppliers while magnifying the power of our team to grow the business.
As the GM of Self-Service you will lead this major initiative and be the business owner for its development and success. You will partner with business leaders to understand our current processes and solutions and remap them to a more scalable model powered by technology. You will work with Product and Engineering teams to design and build that technology. You will need to understand long-term business strategy and customer needs, and anticipate market evolution. Your success will be based on your ability to design a solution that marries the best of our talented team with the power of technology to serve our customers (suppliers) well and drive rapid, efficiency growth of the business.
The successful candidate will be capable of:
- Taking on ambiguous challenges and organizing a big vision into a strategic roadmap and set of tactical plans.
- Reinventing and/or creating tech-enabled business solutions.
- Leading ground-up technology design and build projects, and have experience working with teams to envision solutions, develop user requirements and wireframes, test concepts with business stakeholders and potential customers, and effectively work with stakeholders to make rapid progress in an Agile model.
- Effectively communicating with many different cross-functional partners such as: suppliers, business stakeholders, product managers, and software engineers.
- Building a successful enabling, B2B technology product, preferably one that is not the critical resources itself, but which activates something else (e.g. Zipcar, WeWork).
- Leading and developing career paths for a team of senior managers and analysts.
Skills and Requirements:
- MBA or equivalent experience required
- 10+ years of relevant experience, preferably in or working as a consultant for technology businesses
- Experience building the strategy and designing technology solutions for complex business opportunities, and acting as the business owner during the development and rollout of that technology
- Experience working closely with customers to understand and design solutions for their needs
- Track record of consistently demonstrating advanced analytical capabilities, along with the ability to use data to develop insight and drive decisions based on those insights
- Proven experience directly managing high-performance, analytical teams
- Ability to lead a team to consistently meet KPI goals
- Demonstrated experience building a business or delivering against aggressive targets & goals in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment
- Senior presence: able to clearly and consistently work side-by-side with a broad range of seniorities and functions to achieve objectives
- Articulate, persuasive communicator, able to earn the trust and buy-in of technical and non-technical teams not reporting directly to him/her
- Ability to hit the ground running – a confident, entrepreneurial self-starter
- Ability to manage and prioritize projects, and to delegate tasks appropriately
- Innovative problem-solving skills – dissect and determine root causes of problems, and implement solutions
- Proven track record of leadership, taking ownership and driving results
- Process oriented, with a tireless focus on quality of output and throughput
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.