Data Governance Leader
Data Governance Leader
The Analytics Solutions team’s mission is to accelerate quality decision making throughout Wayfair. As Wayfair continues its rapid growth, this team is looked upon as the innovators and problem solvers to help scale and facilitate data-driven decision making. The team works closely with analysts, engineers, and leaders to listen and understand overarching needs when it comes to efficiently performing an analysis from data creation to final deliverable.
One of the key areas strategic initiatives is the development of best-in-class Data Governance process. Data Governance is responsible for creating and maintaining quality control by implementing standards around metric definitions, table creation, and data governance tools. As a Data Governance Leader, you will be responsible for owning the strategy, roadmap and execution of improving the data ecosystem. Our ecosystem spans from data governance, and analytical tools to instituting best practices across all analytical functions and the company. We work in a collaborative, fast-paced, agile environment that encourages innovation by supporting experimentation and creative solutions.
What You'll Do
- Identify the most impactful problems to solve, develop innovative solutions, and successfully launch to key stakeholders, ensuring end-user adoption and satisfaction
- Maintain a data product roadmap/vision that will take the product from inception to MVP to polished product and beyond
- Build relationships and evaluate needs across all Wayfair business units from analysts to senior leadership to prioritize short-term and long-term objectives
- Ensure quality of data products, including timeliness, performance, and accuracy by working to prioritize amongst team members, engineering and UX shared-resources
- Be agile in order to quickly iterate on product features and analyze effectiveness
- Work with several large and complex data sources to build products and ensure scalability
What You'll Need
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree; 6+ years of analytical experience working in a Data Governance or similar environment
- You love data and have a background in implementing Data Governance/Management initiatives, concepts, or tools
- You are a creative problem solver who is interested in working with stakeholders across the organization, across all levels
- Excellent critical thinking and strategic analysis for future-thinking and planning
- Able to react and respond quickly in a fast-paced environment where requirements may change
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence your audience
- Exposure working with analytics programming languages such as SQL, SAS, Tableau, R, and/or Python preferred
- Experience building and/or managing datasets, analyzing data, and creating digestible reports
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.