Senior Manager – Carrier Management DACH – Berlin, Germany (m/f)
Wayfair is embarking on a strategic initiative to optimize and reinvent its logistics network through more intelligent network routing, leverage of own infrastructure and staff, carrier selection and freight consolidation. This leader will be part of the European Senior Management Team. Located in Berlin, this role will likely require activity and travel across many European economies, so fluency in English is a must. Especially German and other major European commercial languages (French, Spanish) will be important to developing relationships required for the success of this business.
We are looking for the right individual with an entrepreneurial spirit and deep background in transportation to help drive this strategic initiative for the company. The candidate must be highly flexible with the ability to quickly assume new areas of responsibility outside of their core areas as the Wayfair business continues to evolve. This is a highly visible and exciting role for the company in which you will have the opportunity to reshape one of our core operational functions.
As a Senior Carrier Manager for DACH region, you will…
- Build and grow the relationships with the carriers that Wayfair will use to operate throughout Europe (focus on DACH region understanding where to use which carrier to optimize speed, quality and total cost of ownership
- Negotiate, implement and develop new logistics service providers across Europe with focus on DACH region
- Architect and manage an efficient logistics network design from pickup to final mile delivery carriers
- Build and develop team to manage, monitor and expand network footprint and carrier relationships
- Lead strategic projects to increase carrier performance and to roll-out services for customers
- Drive internationalization by developing Supply Chain solution in new consumer markets
- Provide direct input into the development, implementation and reporting of partner provider KPI/metrics (transit time, total cost of ownership, incident rates, NPS) to monitor all aspects of the transportation process
Who Wayfair is looking for:
- Significant experience in operational leadership and supply chain/transportation expertise, either in industry (incl. freight carriers) or top tier consulting company
- Track record of leading and delivering large and complex projects from inception to completion
- Experience in negotiating transportation contracts with freight carriers and 3PL providers
- University qualifications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and German – confident, assertive and influencing
- Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
- Ability to work effectively with people in a cross-functional environment
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to work well in a fast paced, data driven company
- Willingness to travel to visit carriers in our European sourcing and delivery markets
And finally, our proposition to you!
- A competitive salary, bonus and attractive stock packages
- A fast paced and agile working environment
- A real opportunity to make an impact, to test and build things and entrepreneurial organization
- The opportunity to work cross-functionally and closely with senior leadership not only in the Berlin office, but also with Boston, London and Galway
- We offer a vast selection of classes throughout learn@work program to enhance your professional and personal development
- We contribute to your gym membership and offer free Yoga classes, as well as Wellness Weeks with massages, workshops and other exciting events
- We’re in the heart of the Berlin startup scene with lots of space to encourage collaboration and teamwork
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.