Business Analyst – EU Supply Chain Projects & Analytics (m/f)
Business Analyst – EU Supply Chain Projects & Analytics
We are looking to hire a talented, driven and entrepreneurial Business Analyst to join our Operations team.
As a member of the EU Projects & Analytics team, your role sits at the very core of what we do. We are experts in project management to build the infrastructure, organization and systems supporting our operations teams and strategy for Wayfair Europe 2020. We drive continuous improvement and harmonization of operations processes and systems, and strive in a fact-based and data driven environment.
This role requires excellent analytical skills, attention to detail as well as influencing and negotiation skills, and would suit candidates best who tenaciously enjoy digging for improvement opportunities, are comfortable with change and driving changes into the organization.
With thousands of unique products shipping every week and an ambitious logistics transformation for the European marketplace underway, this is a great learning opportunity, as well as your chance to make a decisive contribution to our business.
- Provide fact-based and data driven insights for improvement opportunities
In this role you’d work on large scale data sets in various categories of the business, e.g. our logistics network, warehousing, returns, customer self-services, in order to drive operational efficiencies and excellent customer experience.
- Design and optimize internal and external processes
You will actively contribute to the analysis and improvement of our processes. Doing this, you will get to know the different departments of our company, their internal processes and our interfaces towards the customer.
- Design and development of reporting- and monitoring tools
You will create analyses, simulations and reports for internal clients based on information from our databases and other sources. You will work closely with experts and managers from multiple teams to do this.
- Operate the daily business
We will integrate you into the daily business of our team and its partners. You will share regular reports and participate in meetings to provide and receive information for your analyses, constantly driving improvements and enabling the management to make the best decisions.
Your skills are the following:
- Recent graduate holding a university degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, or Operations Research
- Strong quantitative and problem solving skills combined with ability to analyze large sets of data, pull out insights and then proactively communicate those insights to senior leaders
- Ability to grasp complex issues and look beyond the obvious
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills. Proven ability to work successfully within and across teams
- Self-motivated and proactive with high attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, SQL and other analytics tools (R and/or Python)
- Fluent in English
- A competitive salary and bonus that come along with a unique work life balance
- A company culture driven by pioneer-thinking and talent that crosses departments and hierarchies
- Great mentors and career development opportunities through our learn@work program
- We contribute to your gym membership and offer free Yoga classes, as well as Wellness Weeks with massages, workshops and other exciting events
- Of course fresh fruits, snacks & drinks every day!
- We’re in the heart of the Berlin startup scene with lots of space to encourage collaboration and teamwork
- Let’s not forget the chance to join the next global giant in e-commerce
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.