Senior Copy Lead, B2B & Services
Wayfair is home to one of the retail industry’s largest in-house creative agencies. The Creative Group is a world class team comprised of many disciplines – designers, copywriters, stylists, editors, cinematographers, directors, producers and more. Our work fuels all forms of onsite and offsite marketing and communication with our consumers from TV to online video to social, email, direct mail and more.
Wayfair B2B & Services team is seeking a dynamic Senior Copy Lead! Reporting directly to the Associate Creative Director, the Senior Copy Lead will be an expert at their craft who can coach other writers into producing the kind of copy that resonates deeply with our customers and continues to raise the bar for our Wayfair Professional brand.
This is an exciting opportunity to help shape the Wayfair Professional tone of voice, dream up next-level campaign work, lead a team of talented writers, and enforce standards to ensure consistency across all channels. The role requires someone who is a creative visionary, collaborative partner to cross-functional leaders, and a strong manager-doer.
In order to be considered, you must include a link to your portfolio or a PDF of work samples.
What You'll Do:
- Lead, manage, and inspire a team of copywriters of varying levels.
- Work closely with internal business leaders to help strategize and develop creative solutions that directly impact the bottom line.
- Collaborate with marketing partners on the brand’s overall strategic direction and develop distinct voice, tone and messaging guidelines.
- Concept and bring to life seasonal campaigns, in close collaboration with design and merchandising team leads.
- Review and edit your team’s copy, providing actionable, constructive feedback across all channels (everything from daily emails and site assets to ads, social, and print collateral).
- Manage aggressive deadlines while maintaining a crazy-high creative bar.
- Maintain seamless cross-functional communications with Marketing stakeholders.
- Synthesize sales data, performance metrics, and customer insights into actionable creative plans.
What You'll Need:
- 7+ years of relevant experience, preferably e-commerce or agency
- 3+ years of managerial, mentorship and leadership experience
- Strong understanding of how to interpret and communicate analytical results
- Deep customer instincts and ability to “think like a customer”
- Passion for the home space and e-commerce
- Left- and right-brained ability to solve problems
- Collaborative, energetic team leader who inspires a culture of positivity
- Bachelor’s Degree
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.