General Manager: New Profit Channels and Recovery Supply Chain
Wayfair is on the leading edge of the move toward online purchasing of home goods. Wayfair is taking massive share in this quickly online penetrating class, and has become an innovator in the logistics space to facilitate an industry leading customer experience on hard-to-handle bulky products.
Our customers consistently report that a top three consideration of purchasing home goods online is having the confidence that if something is not quite right, Wayfair will have her back. That means that there is a hassle-free process to fix a broken item or return an item that did not quite match expectations. We find that we can create incredibly loyal customers by delivering a hassle-free experience.
In order to profitably provide this hassle-free experience, Wayfair is in the early-innings of a transformational initiative that has the potential to meaningfully change the economics of selling home goods online.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial leader that can take the green shoots we are seeing and drive to meaningful and scalable outcomes. This is an exciting role for a leader who wants to be at the intersection of technology, ecommerce, and real-world operations, and innovating toward a solution that does not currently exist within the industry.
This role has sponsorship from top leadership at the company that has led to the creation of a sandbox for innovation, including a dedicated returns warehouse to facilitate innovation in re-monetization of returned product and the opening of an outlet store, which may well be the first of a chain of direct-to-consumer brick&mortar outlet locations (if economics are proven).
This leader will have dedicated resources spanning engineering, product, business intelligence, and operations and a very talented/high performing team with ~40 dedicated resources.
What You'll Do
- Own a standalone profitable P&L with the ability to directly impact revenue and costs
- Lead a ‘startup’ group within Wayfair that is less than a year old, with great momentum
- Be a great leader—develop a high performing team that creates future senior leaders for Wayfair
- Use a combination of data driven insights and operational realities to create viable strategies
- Work closely with product, engineering, and business intelligence to prioritize and execute on an audacious agenda—be part of a new cross-functional initiative within the Wayfair supply chain
- Partner with key senior stakeholders across Wayfair—including pricing, category management, sales and services, merchandising, warehousing, and all aspects of operations—to drive measurable results related to customer experience and financial performance
- Engage with C-level executives to clearly articulate the roadmap and status on highly visible initiatives
What You'll Need
- High-energy individual with a can-do attitude, willing to jump in and work alongside folks of all levels to identify issues and quickly find solutions
- A relationship building mentality with the ability to form strong connections with key stakeholders, both internally and externally
- Proven analytical ability coupled with strong business acumen–demonstrated ability to use data to drive business decisions
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Zest for the ambiguity that comes from a start-up function, failing fast and learning from failure to drive continuously better outcomes
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Unwavering commitment to customer satisfaction
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.