Senior Analytics Manager, Workforce Management
Who We Are:
The Workforce Planning team sits at the epicenter of Wayfair’s rapidly expanding Sales & Service organization, and is a critical cog in ensuring a successful customer experience. From effective headcount planning, to efficient schedule management, to real-time performance monitoring, work force management utilizes a combination of forecasting, modeling and strategy to mobilize customer-facing agents across over 8 locations in North America & Europe. As Wayfair continues to expand, the Sales & Service team is constantly evolving by focusing on offering differentiated support with fast resolution. The Workforce Planning Forecasting & Analytics team supports this ambitious goal by creating models to build the headcount ramp and hiring plan, measuring retention and engagement levels throughout the organization, and compiling detailed and accurate contact interval forecasts. Since the environment and landscape within Sales & Service constantly changes, leaders must be quick to react, thrive on challenging the status quo, and utilize a self-directed approach by adding constant enhancements.
What You’ll Do:
- You will be responsible for developing and executing on a comprehensive, proprietary forecasting strategy for various segments across a 3,000+ employee Sales & Service organization
- You will work with Sales & Service leaders to identify key workload drivers and develop company wide operational metrics
- You will serve as a consultative partner to senior leadership, offering analysis and recommendations on growth strategies that optimize cost and risk
- Provide direction and coaching to analysts on the development and maintenance of headcount and forecasting models
- Partner with key stakeholders to develop an accurate financial forecast and identifying key variables impacting expense performance
- Develop a comprehensive strategy an approach around the analysis and measurement of retention statistics of agents and employees
- Directly work alongside Wayfair’s Data Science team to scope and develop advanced autonomous Machine Learning systems to further improved existing forecasting and prediction capabilities within workforce management.
What You’ll Need:
- You have an MBA or MS degree within Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Engineering, Operations Research, Data Science or other heavy quantitative field of study, PhD strongly preferred
- You’ve worked for at least 6+ years in either a consulting, technology, or major retail organization in an analytical or quantitatively advanced role
- You have experience growing and leading a team of analysts
- Professional experience developing advanced forecasting and statistical models
- You have professional experience with R, SQL, Python, Stata or MATLAB.
- Experience and proven success scoping and executing on major cross functional business initiatives with in a fast-paced organization
- Direct experience working with and presenting to senior and C-level executives
- Strong written and verbal communication
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.