Head of Global Analytics, Merchandising
Who We Are:
Wayfair offers a zillion things home and is reinventing the way people shop for their homes. The Merchandising department onboards and maintains the vast product catalog, developing strategies to effectively guide our customers through this large catalog and help them find exactly what they need.
We are looking for a highly analytical, disciplined, and execution-oriented leader to head up our Global Analytics group within the Merchandising department. The Analytics team serves as the central counterpart for all Merchandising teams and develops analytics products, either on a stand-alone basis or jointly with build partners ranging from Business Intelligence, Data Science and Comp Intel to Product Management.
The ideal candidate brings structured thinking, a strong bias for action, and ability to develop new analytics products anticipating needs before these are raised by the business. This person will continue to build out the Merchandising Analytics team globally, with a joint roadmap and co-leadership model between both the Boston and Berlin teams. We value leadership experience in a fast-paced and complex organization, where thought leadership, a collaborative spirit across global offices and teams, and great communication skills are especially critical.
We welcome applications from across a range of backgrounds and experiences (e.g., management consulting, advanced analytics in a corporate setting, business/operations transformation leaders).
What You’ll Do:
- Align with Merchandising Directors and C-level leadership to define and develop the analytics roadmap for the department’s most important initiatives
- Drive progress against the roadmap and anticipate future needs by proactively developing new analytics products. Your scope encompasses supplier-facing insights in relation to product onboarding & maintenance, internal operations “factory” metrics, customer funnel reporting and support in automation of manual process steps and any other analytics needs of the department
- Develop a strong working relationship with Merchandising business partners and a deep understanding of their key business metrics, levers, strategy and goals
- Serve as a thought partner to the Merchandising leadership as well as build partners reaching from Business Intelligence, Data Science and Comp Intel to Product Management
- Lead two Senior Managers and their respective highly capable team of Analysts. Regular visits to Berlin are required as half of the team is located there, both managing global projects but also serving as the central analytics counterpart for the local business
- Manage, mentor and continue to build out a high performing team of >10
What You’ll Need:
- 10+ years of experience or 4+ years post MBA experience preferred
- 3+ years management experience, including success in building and scaling analytic teams
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Information Systems, Economics, Management or other quantitative discipline field with strong academic record preferred
- Proven experience and passion for working across functions and with c-level leaders, synthesizing multiple points of view and owning a coherent action plan, all with a strong business acumen and ability to influence others
- Demonstrated success developing an analytics roadmap and providing recommendations that direct business strategy and achieve both high impact results and innovative solutions
- Excellent communication and data presentation skills covering objectives, plans, status, roadblocks, and results with the ability to tailor communication style based on the audience
What We'd Love To See (but isn't required):
- Experience with SQL or structured computer programming language
- Experience with RDBMS, Big data technology, OLAP technologies, and related BI software (SSAS, Microstrategy, Cognos)
- Experience with Python, Tableau
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.