Senior Analyst, Service Innovation
The Service Innovation team in Customer Service is looking to add a Senior Analyst to their group! This person will leverage a creative approach and quantitative skills to answer high-level business and strategy questions that impact the customer experience. This team is highly cross-functional and highly visible to senior leadership, solving the most complex problems from any part of the operations.
Who we are: The Service Innovation teams are internal consulting groups that seek to improve the customer experience by improving people allocation, processes, and technology. They are cross-functional in their approach, working with teams such as R&D, Transportation & Logistics, Warehouse Operations & Inventory Positioning, etc. in order to drive impactful change that benefits the customer.
What you will do:
- Translate high-level business problems into more specific questions which can then be answered by data-driven analysis
- Partner with various business stakeholders to identify key factors and requirements for each project, and get buy-in for project methodology
- Develop a model to estimate the impact of a specific recommendation while controlling for factors that may introduce noise into the analysis
- Conduct big data analysis using SQL, R, Python and other software applications
- Present data with a clear point of view so that insights can be used to help drive business strategy
- Analyze inbound call data to root cause customer issues and prioritize efforts at reducing the first contact
- Analyze service performance after a call is placed and develop recommendations for call routing, issue handling, resolution types, etc. to reduce follow-on calls and improve customer satisfaction
- Work with Storefront to design, pilot, and measure the impact of a new webpage feature on customer purchase behavior
- Develop new ideas to “Wow” the customer and measure their effectiveness, such as day of delivery tracking, in which a customer can view the delivery truck as it proceeds along its route and approaches his/her residence
- Analyze the impact of fast deliveries vs. accurate deliveries on customer satisfaction in order to optimize delivery expectations on storefront
Who you are:
- Self-starter, enjoy fast-pace, collaborative, positive, people-oriented, and enthusiastic
- Technical experience using Tableau, SQL, R, Python, or other languages
- Have 2+ years of experience in an analytical, engineering or consulting role
- Have a degree in Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, Economics, Statistics, Physics, or other concentrations with heavy quantitative focus strongly preferred
- Experience presenting business cases to senior leadership is preferred, but not required
- Experience working within large datasets and passionate about solving complex business problems
- Possess an affinity for data, and resourcefulness in obtaining data when clean and or complete information is not available
- Possess strong written and verbal cross-functional communication skills
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.7 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended June 30, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 9,700 people.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.