Director of Experience Design- B2B
We’re the experience design team at Wayfair, and we’re tackling exciting challenges that are reshaping how people purchase and have goods delivered to their homes. From finding that perfect item via AR to scheduling installation services, we’re solving new problems every day in our online and offline experiences for our tens of millions of customers.
This new Director-level role will lead our B2B and Services within our experience design organization. As the leader of this wide-ranging organization, you will play a key role in growing the team focused on product design across our consumer-focused Experience Design organization. You’ll join a diverse, multidisciplinary team of world-class professionals who are hard at work transforming the online ecosystem and toolset behind Wayfair.com’s success. Our culture is collaborative, data-driven, and fast-paced. We are looking for a self-directed, analytical, and creative individual with a passion for solving complex user problems, elevating and harnessing the power of the customer’s voice.
This individual will work with teams across the company. The scope of impact is broad, with accountability for developing and maturing our B2B and services platforms. This newly formed position will give this individual a chance to grow this exciting area of our business and have incredible ownership over new directions and strategy.
This role will lead a team of high performing Product/Expereince and UI designers in solidifying a holistic vision that is effectively communicated to a multi-disciplinary team of designers, content strategists, engineers, and product managers.
We’re looking for a strong product thinker who can clearly communicate their ideas from a high-level view of our customer experience, as well as dive into the details to help our product teams deliver world-class products and services. Your ability to identify, influence, and prioritize opportunities for greatest impact paired with your leadership and mentorship of great designthinkers will craft a platform that allows amazing experiences to be built.
This is a rare opportunity to help grow and develop Wayfair’s B2B area of business and make a massive impact to our overall revenue. If this is the challenge you’re seeking, please let us know why and feel free to share any of your thoughts, stories, or work that you have floating around online. We’d love to get to know you!
What you’ll do:
- Lead the workstreams of Experience design and services across all facets of the user journey
- Find and hire the best talent to comprise a complementary set of thinkers who continually push one another to achieve great results
- Promote a design culture that is inclusive of product management, engineering, merchandising, marketing, brand partnerships, and customer support to impact the scale of design
- Conduct design initiatives across multiple workgroups, coordinating efforts to achieve unified solutions for touchpoints across the customer’s journey
- Engage in design and research community activities to further promote awareness of the product design team and its achievements
- Driven by experience, make calls from the gut when pure quantitative data isn’t conclusive
- Abolish the status quo and achieve new design standards across both the company and the industry
- Inspire designers, user researchers, content strategists, product managers, and engineers to deliver the best work of their careers
- Evangelize the need for and power of qualitative data across organization as well as methods to successfully obtain and utilize it
- Create capability to effectively share results across organization, allowing immediate access to current and historical data
- Broadly communicate general findings about our customers for all to see and understand
- Develop comprehensive understanding of customer triggers, needs, and mental models
What you’ll need:
- 15+ years' experience in experience design, preferably with a focus in SaaS and B2B, and around 10+ years of director level management experience
- Experience as a builder of engaging customer experiences which solve goals with elegant simplicity
- Proven motivator who champions team successes and stays humble in your own success
- Track record of being an advocate for the customer who never loses sight of the big picture
- A curious mind who rarely settles for your first answer and constantly seeks new ways to solve problems
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.