Director of Vertical Marketing
Wayfair is looking for an experienced professional to build and lead the marketing strategies for one of the four respective category verticals (Furniture & Décor, Housewares & More, Renovation and Outdoor/Appliances and more). These roles represent a significant opportunity to quickly scale our marketing efforts behind our categories by injecting creativity, innovation, and analytics into our approach and working across teams to understand our category verticals and leverage our understanding to build an effective and curated experience for the customer across all aspects of Wayfair.
As part of the leadership team for the marketing department, each Director will be responsible for leading customer acquisition and retention across the various channels. The Director will lead and build a strong team, communicating effectively with stakeholders across departments (e.g., Product Management, Category Management, Engineering) to quickly respond to learnings and incorporate these into the marketing playbook to create revenue growth. The Director will work side by side with Directors of Category Management to achieve aggressive business growth goals.
This is a unique opportunity for a highly motivated and entrepreneurial individual to contribute in a significant way to Wayfair’s rapid growth and leadership in e-commerce.
- Define, pilot, and rapidly iterate the Vertical Marketing strategy
- Relentlessly create revenue growth through innovative strategies and meticulous execution to deliver step change improvements in performance
- Define KPIs for the category marketing team, and establish stretch goals for 3-6-12 month time windows
- Partner with internal teams to help influence the marketing agenda and execute
- Institute rigorous test-and-learn methodology to achieve desired results; look at active campaigns vs. predicted outcomes to ensure the most successful campaigns are scaled
- Develop talent within the organization, mentor and develop the team
- Minimum of 10 years online marketing experience OR experienced consultant or investment banker looking to move to internet commerce leader and take direct end-to-end growth strategy responsibility
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior and executive management; exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills that can be tailored to internal partners
- Seasoned in managing timelines, delivery, dependencies, communication across teams
- Able to pivot readily and react to real-time data
- Comfortable in a data-driven environment; leverage Wayfair’s statistical and analytical models to drive customer insights
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills including experience managing high performing teams
- Positive and people oriented
- Interest in home décor, furnishings, or design a plus
About Marketing at Wayfair
The Marketing team is responsible for knowing the customer. We fuel growth by introducing new customers to our brands and driving engagement from our loyal customer base. Marketing team members are equal parts performance marketers, general managers, and innovators.
We’re not a cost center; we drive profitable top line revenue growth by investing our marketing dollars where they will drive the greatest return for the business and leveraging our understanding of the customer to drive the overall business strategy.
We write our own playbook for marketing success. We work cross functionally with everyone from Engineering and Product to Merchandising and Category Management.
We understand the nitty gritty of how the internet works and we build our own ad tech platforms to maximize the ROI from our marketing investments.
Marketing leaders own and drive:
- Channel management.Our Marketing leaders drive strategies for the marketing channels (e.g., paid search, display, social, direct mail, email) we rely on to drive Wayfair’s growth. This means:
- Owning all aspects of performance (revenue, cost, profitability)
- Building and driving innovative roadmaps to channel growth
- Owning relationships with our advertising partners (Facebook, Google, Pinterest, etc.)
- Product/Ad tech development.Wayfair’s approach to marketing is unique in that we build our own advertising technology platforms. This means that we need leaders who:
- Take an ownership mentality to holistically thinking about tools and technologies
- Can build product/technology solutions to fuel sustainable growth for marketing initiatives
- Can work cross functionally to shape product offerings
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.