Director, Product Management – Sales and Operations Planning and Optimization
We’re entrepreneurial, value oriented decision makers who drive the development of the world-class software products that power Wayfair’s transformation of retail for home. We create the web and app experiences that make Wayfair a delightful place to shop, establish new and innovative services for customers, and build the backbone of Wayfair’s pricing, merchandising, supply chain, and enterprise operations. Whether on desktop, mobile web, or app, or any of our proprietary internal platforms, we leverage data, user-centric design, machine learning, and Agile to exceed customer expectations and achieve operational excellence, fueling company growth. Our work requires us to move fast and collaborate with some of the best engineers, creatives, data scientists, operators, and analysts to discover, build, and scale world-class software products.
Wayfair is looking for a strategic product leader with a strong S&OP background and experience building software to join our Operations Product department. In this highly visible role, you will lead our Global Sales & Operations Planning and Optimization product team.
As the Product leader for the Global S&OP team, you will head a team of product managers and associates to define and execute the product strategy and roadmap for our Global S&OP function, which provides integrated decision-making systems that balance consumer demand and supplier production in aggregate, aligns operational planning with financial planning, and links strategic planning with day-to-day sales and operational activities. You will drive a cross-enterprise decision-making process with the executive leadership team, make appropriate supply-chain trade-offs across various functional groups, and measure the success of the team’s investments. This role is global in scope and requires understanding and integration of Wayfair’s supply chain networks across the entire enterprise.
What You’ll Do:
- You will partner with senior leaders to define overall vision and strategy.
- You will develop and maintain technology platform roadmap and regularly provide updates to key partners and stakeholders.
- You will lead and mentor a team of product managers and associates.
- You will work with your team to translate vision into robust, intuitive, scalable products.
- You will lead cross-functional teams in annual, quarterly, and monthly planning and prioritization.
- You will advise business leaders throughout our operations teams on strategy, optimization, process definition, execution and performance metrics.
- You will utilize data to understand risks, impacts, scope and priorities of our business objectives, and enable the team to drive results.
- You will define and measure resulting business impact while monitoring performance of the team’s initiatives.
- You will guide resourcing on your team and supporting technology teams to ensure on-budget delivery of products and features.
- You will work closely with senior management across Wayfair to ensure vision aligns with broader company objectives and contribute to the development of product management fundamentals and execution of the Operations Product organization at large.
What You’ll Need:
- 10+ years product or GM experience plus 4+ years managing product managers working within supply chain or network optimization systems, preferably in an Agile environment.
- Consistent track record of taking ownership of areas of responsibility by defining and pursuing measurable business goals and outcomes and can clearly articulate how their work drove those business outcomes.
- Has a bias for action and a “get it done” attitude.
- Excellent analytical abilities with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights.
- Passionate about building functional and engaging user experiences that solve real user problems.
- Strongly collaborative and effective in a cross-functional environment; can manage through ambiguity, adversity and conflict with the ability to think strategically and tactically within a dynamic, fast-paced organization.
- Demonstrated competency leading strategic decision-making in multi-functional spaces.
- Educational background in a technology or business discipline preferred and comfortable with implementing new technology.
- Proficiency in relational database query languages and data architecture.
- Subject matter familiarity of supply chain analytics and network optimization and/or familiarity in machine learning, statistical optimization and AI strongly preferred.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.