Associate Director, Web Analytics
Web Analytics Associate Director/Director
Wayfair Analytics is the engine that powers an enterprise obsessed with data. The Wayfair website generates over 100M clicks from the millions of customers that visit our sites every day to discover and purchase home goods. The Web Analytics team is focused on understanding and optimizing customer behavior as a key enabler for the company to move fast and iterate quickly on big business problems. The mission of the Director of Web Analytics is to unlock insights and guide the business – everything from tactical site optimizations to broad level strategic direction that is grounded in data evidence and heavy analytical rigor. This requires a multidisciplinary blend of analytical experience, strong technical capability, and business strategy, all applied in tandem to discover key insights that lie hidden in Wayfair’s web data. The Associate Director/Director of Web Analytics is a highly visible and strategic position that is responsible for multiple business areas and directly lead a team of managers and analysts with analytic agendas to understand customer behavior and test and optimize features across our customer facing sites. This is an ideal opportunity for analytics leader seeking to simultaneously make an impact to the customer experience and bottom line. The ideal candidate will have a combination of leadership skills to develop and grow a high-performing team as well as the technical curiosity to push the development of our web analytics and models. The Director would join Wayfair’s Leadership team, leading a team of 20+ top notch analytics professionals and would work cross-functionally with executives across all facets of the organization including product management, engineering, creative design, marketing and data science.
What You'll Do
- Influence executive management (C-suite) to define and execute analytics and site testing road map to support key business initiatives
- Own and develop the strategic analytic agenda across multiple lines of business to unlock insights and guide the business – everything from identifying, testing and optimizing new features to broad level strategic direction that is grounded in data evidence and heavy analytical rigor.
- Hire, manage, and mentor all levels of leadership.
- Lead multiple teams responsible for monitoring customer behavior on our websites to identify and resolve issues, executing the strategic testing, web analytics and insights agenda.
- Proactively identify areas where analytical efforts can produce a strong business value add and setting the analytics road map.
- Create organizational designs to optimally serve multiple stakeholder groups and business units.
- Provide leadership to corporate initiatives which requires the ability to work with executives and being a thought partner with cross functional leadership team.
- Communicate key insights and recommendations to cross-functional executive leaders across the organization
- Prioritize resources and hiring across multiple area and balancing short-term needs with longer-term initiatives.
What You'll Need
- Experience managing teams and cross-functional stakeholders
- Proven ability to manage, guide and grow analytic leaders.
- Past experience with SQL or structured computer programming language.
- Bachelors in computer science, engineering, statistics, economics, MIS, or other quantitative discipline; Masters preferred.
- Experience with Tableau, Python, R, SAS or BI software (SSAS, Microstrategy, Cognos) a plus.
- Demonstrated success working with executives at the most senior level on setting analytic direction and recommendations to direct business strategy and achieve high impact results.
- Excellent communication and data presentation skills covering objectives, plans, status, roadblocks, and results.
- Prior experience proactively identifying areas where analytical efforts can produce a strong business value add and setting the analytics roadmap.
- Experience designing and implementing highly visible, and innovative analytical organizations
- Strong business acumen, analytical skills and technical abilities along with problem solving skills.
- Experience with experimental design and/or statistical analysis to drive business decision making
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.