Senior Strategy Manager, Service Innovation
The Service Innovation team is looking to add a senior leader to their group! This person will leverage a creative approach and quantitative skills to answer high-level business and strategy questions that impact the customer experience. This team is highly cross-functional and highly visible to senior leadership, solving the most complex problems from any part of the operations.
Who we are: Service Innovation is a highly analytical, action-oriented team responsible for identifying and driving high impact opportunities in improving customer experience. The customer effort vertical within service innovation is a cross-functional effort (with product, engineering and design) that seeks to improve customer experience by optimizing all customer touch points after an order is placed from order communications to online help resources and the communication channels available for customers to obtain help on their orders.
What you will do:
- Translate high-level problems into specific questions which can then be answered by data-driven analysis
- Partner with Product, Engineering and Design to identify key factors and requirements to improve our suite of Online Help products
- Develop a model to estimate the Total Addressable Market for a broad set of opportunities and measure the impact of specific recommendations
- Present data with a clear point of view so that insights can be used to help drive business strategy
- Develop post-order communication strategy (emails, texts, etc.) to reduce customer anxiety and set correct expectations
- Work with Storefront to design, pilot, and measure the impact of a new help resources (help & info page, self service tools) that are personalized to the customer and the use case
- Identify and execute on new opportunities to “Wow” the customer and measure their effectiveness
- 5+ years of progressive consulting experience, or experience in a highly analytical role.
- MBA preferred
- Degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Economics or other concentrations with heavy quantitative focus strongly preferred
- Extensive Excel or SQL experience
- R, Python or other programming skills are not required but a plus
- Passionate about solving complex business problems
- Highly analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
- Possess an affinity for data, and resourcefulness in obtaining data when clean and or complete information is not available
- Experience working with cross-functional teams, including corporate and front-line teams
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.