Design Manager m/f
We're looking to add a talented Design Manager to our European Creative Team; a visionary leader who is ambitious, highly motivated and lives and breathes design. We need someone who focuses on creating pixel-perfect assets whilst still thinking big and pushing the long-term strategy of our unique brand forward. We’re growing fast and the volume of work we’re producing is high with expectations of quality that are even higher.
Wayfair is looking to add a dynamic and strategic design leader to join the Wayfair Creative team! The Design Manager will be an expert at their craft who can coach other designer into producing the work that resonates deeply with our customers and continues to raise the bar for our brand.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a creative and strategic design leader to drive high-profile creative strategy and forge trusted relationships with key stakeholders, all while guiding a super-talented team of creatives.
The role requires someone who is a creative visionary, collaborative partner to cross-functional leaders, and a strong manager-doer.
Who We are:
The Marketing Design Team works closely with other teams across our business to ensure that Wayfair stands out in a competitive marketplace. Our mission is to showcase our brand to prospective customers while also keeping existing customers engaged with appealing promotions and inspirational content. Shopping for the home should feel like it’s enjoyable for our customers—we’re the team that makes it so!
- Manage, lead, and inspire a team of 4 designers of varying levels.
- Develop and maintain the brand’s design standards to drive brand consistency and evolution in partnership with EU Creative leaders.
- Review and thoughtfully critique your team’s work, providing actionable feedback and helpful suggestions.
- Manage aggressive deadlines and direct an even workload distribution across your team.
- Maintain seamless communication with partners on other teams, effectively translating creative strategy when required.
- Analyze performance metrics and other data (especially customer insights!), and use that information to guide creative decisions and suggest testing plans.
- Provide innovative creative solutions that both elevate the brand and engage customers.
- Think critically to drive efficiency, strategically planning work that can be used across multiple channels and media.
- Communicate seamlessly with senior cross-functional partners
Your Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years relevant experience, preferably for an agency or e-commerce brand
- 3+ years staff management experience, including direct staff coaching and development
- Excellent visual and graphic design composition skills, extensive experience in print and web design
- Passion for the home space and e-commerce
- Collaborative, energetic attitude and an ability to inspire a culture of positivity
- Left- and right-brained ability to solve problems
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to work well in a fast-paced, data-driven environment
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.