Strategy Manager, B2B Enterprise Sales
Program Manager, B2B Enterprise Strategy
Wayfair’s B2B business, Wayfair Professional, is looking for an experienced professional to guide customer engagement within its recently launched Enterprise business unit. Wayfair Professional helps hundreds of thousands of businesses to create the perfect space for their clients, guests and employees. We serve customers in the Office, Hospitality, Interior Design, Contractor, Property Management and other sectors, with a broad assortment across furniture, fixtures and decor.
As the Manager of Enterprise Sales Strategy and Operations, you will develop and drive the client engagement model across all Enterprise customers, ranging from national hotel chains to headquarter offices of major corporations. You will build and manage a small team of strategy and operations professionals, and your work will determine the allocation of an annual operating budget. You will be responsible for accelerating Enterprise revenue growth via upfront strategy development, effective deployment of initiatives, and rigorous reporting for the Enterprise program. You will work to improve existing programs, test new efforts, and advocate strategic asks to cross-functional teams across Wayfair.
- Establish and refine the priority verticals for the Enterprise business – and identify specific customer targets within those spaces
- Develop the Enterprise sales strategy and operating model
- Define sales roles required for the Enterprise program (e.g., prospecting vs. acquisition vs. customer success responsibilities)
- Determine resource intensity by role and allocate headcount accordingly; build a multi-year headcount plan based on these inputs
- Design organizational structure to maximize effectiveness and efficiency within the program
- Guide the Enterprise sales compensation and incentives strategy
- Establish KPIs and compensation frameworks to deliver on the sales strategy for each program
- Work with Sales Operations to develop the detailed compensation plan
- Define specific Enterprise sales programming and tactics (e.g., triggered outbound calls, tailored promos/campaigns) to maximize revenue and ROI for Enterprise customers
- Manage project teams of cross-functional partners (e.g., Marketing, Merchandising, Pricing) to develop and deliver this programming
- Ensure that the product development roadmap for sales tools (e.g., CRM, pricing tools, telephony) supports these approaches
- Define sales training priorities to enable the targeted behaviors/tactics
- Provide regular reporting to senior leadership on program progress and business results
- Roll-out major program changes across the sales organization; drive change management best practices
- 4+ years of experience in commercial / demand-generation functional areas – either as an operator or a strategic consultant
- BA/BS degree, with strong academic record
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Strong project management, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Demonstrated experience with cross-functional collaboration and influence
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An affinity for data and proficiency with Excel (experience with SQL a plus)
- Rigorous and transparent organization and execution
- Openness to change and comfort with ambiguity, given the high growth nature of our business
- Strong team orientation, sense of humor, and enthusiastic attitude
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.