Director of Warehouse Training Operations
Wayfair is the largest online-only retailer of home furnishings and housewares in the United States. We are looking for a proven contributor to join our Operations team. The goal of our Operations network and associates is to delight our customers by consistently delivering the best selection of products for the home to each customer fast, on-time and create a fantastic quest experience.
This role will be leading and driving our training and development program initiatives within our entire distribution network. The leader in this role will work with individual Regional Directors and Site Managers to create standardized supporting processes and training programs across the Wayfair Delivery Network. Flexible problem solving, insightful analytics, strategic thinking, relationship building, influencing stakeholders, and excellent communication skills are a must.
This is a hands-on cross-organization thought leader/driver role that requires the successful candidate to be comfortable in a fast-paced environment that is rapidly changing. This is a full-time salaried position reporting into the Distribution Operations leadership team.
- Design, build, implement, and manage Distribution Training Program across Wayfair’s proprietary distribution network.
- Lead a team of multiple Regional/Site Level leaders that is responsible for the entire Distribution network.
- In conjunction with Distribution Leadership teams, create, implement, and drive standard on-boarding/follow up and annual training certification programs throughout the Distribution Network.
- Work with Senior Leadership across the Operations group to drive strategic training initiatives in the development, implementation, and maintenance phases.
- Develop and implement best practices and training in the distribution network.
- Launch and advance key training initiatives in conjunction with Director of Safety to reduce accidents, improve safety programs, along with improve associate on-boarding experiences and raise associate level of training across multiple disciplines.
- Monitoring and reporting out on key initiatives within our network and executive team, including KPIs, ROI and roadmap execution.
- Leveraging observations, data trends, and ROI analyses to drive continuous improvement within our training platforms and training associates.
- Manage to results using data to inform on initiative performance and potential next steps.
- Understand Wayfair’s value chain and determine where strategic improvement opportunities exist.
- Participate in senior leadership updates on team findings and progress.
- Manage multiple initiatives concurrently to deliver associate performance improvement, knowledge retention, and create process/programs to scale in conjunction with network growth.
- Leverage analytical findings to create actionable business plans, build buy-in and execute against those plans across multiple business units.
- Create content for our training and safety plans including industry and company programs.
- Analyzes and evaluates training Researches, writes, and creates new training materials based on facility needs.
- Distribute, and document distribution, of all prescribed company training and safety materials.
- Conduct regular safety and environmental site audits to ensure compliance with applicable policies, procedures, and laws.
- Maintain site training records and internal quality assurance inspections.
- Build/Implement centralized training records program for the entire distribution network.
- Process-oriented with strong analytical and communication skills
- Results driven
- Intellectually curious and creative problem solver
- Ability to operate effectively in a warehouse environment and with senior company leadership
- Experience in leading/building training programs for operational teams, with ability to build and manage a large-scale team of regional leaders and site leaders in a logistical or distribution enterprise.
- Experience designing and managing employee training programs
- Experience with org change / transformation a strong plus
- Experience with international logistical operations a plus
- Project / program management excellence
- Willingness to travel up to 50%
- Logical risk taker
- Ability to influence key stakeholders on tactical and strategic objectives
- Ability to think strategically and tactically within a dynamic, fast-paced organization
- Demonstrated track record of successfully managing implementation projects from start to finish
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and comfort with pivoting quickly and as often as required
- Team player who is comfortable taking the lead as a subject matter expert
- Understanding of key financial, customer service, and supply chain metrics
- Leveraging data to paint relevant and influential business cases
- Organized and able to consistently meet deadlines
- Self-Motivated, eager to learn and make an impact
- Comfort in both a warehouse environment and behind a computer
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years of experience in leading or implementing new programs in Training/Leadership development, with 3+ years of experience in one of the following: Quality Control, Process Improvement, Warehouse/DC Management, Logistics or related field.
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.