Video Set Stylist
Are you passionate about home decor, hard-working, resourceful, and obsessed with the details of design? Wayfair is looking for video set decorators who will work directly with the Lead Production Designer with designing and installing sets for TV commercials, pre-roll video, and social media posts. We’re looking for a highly creative, agile, enthusiastic individuals with a sense of humor--someone who can work well under pressure and thrive in an atmosphere of rapid change and development.
Ideal candidates will have experience styling high-quality home decor and/or lifestyle videos/photography in an e-commerce or editorial setting, and have a proven ability to manage complex workflows. You must be comfortable working within existing processes and brand guidelines. Must be willing to work collaboratively with the art direction given, while also being able to problem solve on your feet. The ability to balance artistic and commerce needs and achieve brand-consistent video is essential. Successful candidates must also be able to effectively manage multiple tasks and/or projects at once, without sacrificing quality.
***To be considered, candidates will need to submit a portfolio of related work. Online portfolios are highly preferred. However, you can also upload PDFs of your work in the cover-letter section of the application.
Experience and Attributes:
- Proven exceptional talent for understanding home decor, creating new style directions, working within art direction guidelines, and the ability to make those ideas a reality on-set
- A superb eye for style, visual composition and attention to detail • Deep and demonstrable experience with on-set standards, practices, and demands
- Knowledge of styling techniques across the industry and in various merchandise categories
- An instinctive devotion to trends and emerging brands, with an insider's perspective on the design market.
- Ability to work well with a variety of people (Set decorators, content writers, production, directors)
- Seasoned familiarity with the intensity of a high-production studio, yet ability to uphold the highest quality standards within a pressured environment
- Experience working well with creative and production departments
- 3-5 years styling experience in commercial video and or photography
- Interior Design and/or retail experience is a plus
- Online portfolio that demonstrates expertise in applied styling techniques
- Able to lift and move packages and items of 25-75 lbs. on a daily basis
- Must be willing to travel for extended periods of time depending on shoot needs
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.